Subject: [Slim] New preliminary version of draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language

From: Gunnar Hellström <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 07:56:44 +0200

In order to ease the task to create a new version (14) of 
draft-ietf-slim-negotiating-human-language, I have made proposed edits 
in the .xml version and sent to Randall.

The edits act on all open issues except #43 on how it can be made easy 
for an implementation to "understand" what modality a language tag is 
meant to indicate. I suggest that we leave it unsolved.

The changes done in the proposed new version are briefly:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9.1.  Changes from draft-ietf-slim-...-13 to draft-ietf-slim-...-14

    o  Deleted the asterisk parameter for not failing the call as agreed
       for Issue #26

    o  "or text" deleted from sentence on undefined combinations for sign
       language, Issue #41

    o  Reworded spoken/written language tag as requested by Issue #44

    o  Rewording in section 5.2 to make clear that multiple indications
       represent alternatives to be selected from, as requested by Issue
       #46

    o  Changed wording in introduction to avoid unsupported requirement
       as requested by Issue #47.

    o  Deleted unused reference to draft-hellstrom-slim-modalitypref-02.

    o  Changed reference from draft-ietf-slim-multilangcontent-08 to RFC
       8255.

    o  Inserted Brian Rosen and Natasha Rooney in the acknowledgements

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tickets are here: https://trac.ietf.org/trac/slim/report/3

I hope Randall finds the edits good and submits the result as version 
-14, so we can progress  the draft.

I also hope to get draft-hellstrom-slim-modality-grouping reviewed and 
progressed as next topic in SLIM.

Regards

Gunnar

-- 
-----------------------------------------
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor
[email-masked]