Subject: id-ct-compressedData vs id-ct-publishCert

From: Maxim Masiutin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 17:25:51 +0300

Hello!

  id-ct-compressedData from draft-ietf-smime-compression-00.txt and
  id-ct-publishCert from draft-ietf-smime-certdist-04.txt has same OID

  In draft-ietf-smime-compression-00.txt, it is defined as

iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs-9(9) smime(16) ct(1) 3

  In draft-ietf-smime-certdist-04.txt, it is defined as

iso(1) member-body(2) us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs-9(9) smime(16) id-ct(1) 3

  which is same. I've found it confusing; I would like go get a solution
  from the authors of drafts above mentioned.

-- 
Maxim Masiutin,
Software Engineer
RIT Research Labs  http://www.ritlabs.com/

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 03:22:40 (NZST)

> id-ct-publishCert from draft-ietf-smime-certdist-04.txt has same OID

I posted a comment on this here a fortnight ago (in fact it was in reply to
a message from you), the id-ct-compressedData value was chosen when there was 
nothing else occupying that slot, it's now:

  id-ct-compressedData OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { iso(1) member-body(2)
    us(840) rsadsi(113549) pkcs(1) pkcs-9(9) smime(16) ct(1) 7 }

(which was free as of the time of the previous posting).

Peter.