Subject: RE: New patent claim

From: Philip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 07:48:22 -0700

I also read the claims. I cannot see the connection. 

What did come to mind as a possibility was that some lawyer persuaded
his client that he had to file the notice (and charged him a couple of
hundred bucks for doing so).

		Phill

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 09:41:29 -0400

Et all,
While I agree with Phil that the claims do not seem connected. I wonder if
the S/MIME group has access
to a legal staff and could ask the question?
Mike McClennan
Director of Marketing - Secure Messaging
Tel: (416) 418-1144
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keep your data safe!  Encryption for your email.
Click here:  http://www.jawstech.com/store

                    Philip Hallam-Baker                                                           
                    <[email-masked]        To:     "'Bruce Greenblatt'"                       
                    m>                         <[email-masked]>, Paul     
                    Sent by:                   Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>,                  
                    owner-ietf-smime@ma        [email-masked]                                 
                    il.imc.org                 cc:                                                
                                               Subject:     RE: New patent claim                  
                                                                                                  
                    06/22/00 10:48 AM                                                             

          Phill