Subject: Some Questions to S/MIME

From: "Baumgart, Ralf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 13:41:29 +0200

Dear sirs,

the Commerzbank, a big bank in Germany, is evaluating S/MIME. We were
astonished that S/MIME V.3 became a proposed standard in July 1999. Now one
year later nothing happens (on your imc-Web Sites). So our questions is,
what could happened in the next six months: Will the proposed standard
become a standard? What avtivities are proposed? 

with best regards
ralf baumgart
Commerzbank AG
Abteilung ZIT P 3.53 Email/Web
60261 Frankfurt/Main
Tel.:069-136-40448
email: ralf.baumgart@commee

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 10:12:55 -0400

Ralf:

I strongly disagree with your assessment.  Important things are happening, 
perhaps not as quickly as we would all like, but they are happening.  Most 
importantly, vendors are implementing!  Major vendors have S/MIME products.

Russ