Subject: WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-smime-compression-01.txt

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:08:44 -0400

The compression content type definition, 
draft-ietf-smime-compression-01.txt, is ready for S/MIME WG Last 
Call.  This document is slated to become an Experimental RFC.  Last Call 
will end on 15 September 2000.

	Title		: Compressed Data Content Type for S/MIME
	Author(s)	: P. Gutmann
	Filename	: draft-ietf-smime-compression-01.txt
	Pages		: 3
	Date		: 29-Aug-00

Happy reading,
    Russ

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 05:43:24 (NZST)

Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]> writes:

>I'm not sure I agree with that. If there is even one implementation of it
>(probably from you, Peter?), then it's appropriate to be Experimental. If
>there are two, then it might even go on standards track later.

At the moment there's only one because of long delays in getting it out as an
RFC, however judging by the number of people who have asked me about it
there'll be more than one fairly soon after it's finally published.

Peter.