Subject: Re: Comments on draft-ietf-smime-cms-rsaes-oaep-01.txt

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2000 16:47:20 -0400

Jim:

>Section 1 Paragraph 4:  Spelling error on interactibe.

Fixed.

>Section 2 Paragraph 2: Remove last instance of "[CMS]" as it is not
>necessary.

Agree.

>Section 2.1 Paragraph 3: Delete or reword this paragraph as it is not
>correct.  originatorInfo may be present due to other recipient infos.

Agree.  The originatorInfo may be present if some other recipient is using 
a different key management protocol.

>Section 3 Paragraph 5 (maskGenFunc): MFG1 should be changed to MFG1SHA1 or
>all references to it using SHA1 should be replaced with references to it
>using a OWF.
>
>Section 3 Paragraph 5: Is SHA1 to be the one and only OWF supported here or
>are others permitted.  Text is not clear on this issue.

Okay.

>Section 3 Paragaraph 5 and 6:  Why are you requiring that incorrectly
>encoded (i.e. the default value is supplied) be recognized? "... recognize
>both id-sha1 and absent..."

This was done for alignment with PKCS#1 v2.0.

>Section 4 Paragraph 1: Spelling error "SEQUNCEs"

Fixed.

>Please add ASN module to the end.  (I am just lazy.)

Will do.  Either this draft will be folded into an algorithms document, or 
I will add a module here.

Russ