Subject: RE: Way Forward

From: "Pawling, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 14:45:44 -0400

Russ/Dave,

When used in conjunction with the Crypto++ freeware library, the S/MIME
Freeware Library (SFL) implements the RFC 2631 Diffie-Hellman (D-H) Key
Agreement Method specification.  Wang Government Services has successfully
performed interop testing of Ephemeral-Static (E-S) D-H-protected
envelopedData objects between the SFL and Microsoft.

============================================
John Pawling, [email-masked]
Wang Government Services, Inc.,
A Getronics Company
============================================

---

From: Dr Stephen Henson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2000 00:04:14 +0100

Re RFC2631. 

I've only seen one example of the parameter generation technique RFC2631
2.2.1 which is part of the examples draft. However it doesn't agree with
my (experimental) version.

Despite queries in various groups I've so far been unable to locate
anyone who can supply alternative test vectors that are not equivalent
to the FIPS-186 (DSS) special case (the X9.42. spec itself only has DSS
compatible examples) Most people seem to be using alternative
techniques.

Steve.
-- 
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [email-masked] 
Senior crypto engineer, Celo Communications: http://www.celocom.com/
Core developer of the   OpenSSL project: http://www.openssl.org/
Business Email: [email-masked] PGP key: via homepage.