Subject: S/MIME WG Agenda

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:10:05 -0500

Our tentative meeting slot for the upcoming meeting in San Diego was just 
announced.

WEDNESDAY, 13 December 2000 from 1530 to 1730

   SEC  smime     S/MIME Mail Security WG
   APP  webdav    WWW Distributed Authoring and Versioning WG
   INT  frnetmib  Frame Relay Service MIB WG
   OPS  sls       Service Level Specification and Usage BOF
   OPS  sming     Next Generation Structure of Man agement Information BOF
   RTG  idr       Internet-Domain Routing WG
   TSV  avt       Audio/Video Transport WG
   TSV  seamoby   SeaMoby BOF

I will be posting a proposed agenda for the two hours soon.

Russ

---

From: "Ahmed Bhamjee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:35:32 -0000

Could someone please provide me (or point me to a location where I can find)
a list of products which implement Diffie-Hellman as per RFC 2631.

Also, when using Diffie-Hellman Ephemeral-Static mode, what key size do you
use to generate a new key pair. You could use the key size of the recipient,
but what if you are sending the same message to multiple recipients who may
have different DH key sizes. Another option is to use the size of your own
static DH key pair.

I would appreciate any advice or help with this.

Thanks in advance
Ahmed

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:02:36 -0500

You need to take a closer look at RFC 2630 and RFC 2631.  You might need to 
generate a different ephemeral key for each recipient.  You can use the 
same one for multiple recipients if and only if they have the same p, q, 
and g domain parameter values.  The originator must use the recipient 
domain parameters when generating the ephemeral key pair.

Russ