Subject: Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-smime-camellia-02.txt

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 17:06:25 -0400

I have four comments on draft-ietf-smime-camellia-02.txt.

1.  The reference to RFC 2119 does not belong in the Abstract.  It belongs 
in the Introduction.  Many documents place it in a subsection of the 
Introduction, called "Terminology"

2.  I propose an alternative Abstract:

     This document specifies the conventions for using the Camellia
     encryption algorithm for encryption with the Cryptographic
     Message Syntax (CMS).

3.  I propose an alternative for the first paragraph in the Introduction:

     This document specifies the conventions for using the Camellia
     encryption algorithm [CamelliaSpec][CamelliaID] for encryption with
     the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) [CMS].  The relevant object
     identifiers (OIDs) and processing steps are provided so that
     Camellia may be used in the CMS specification (RFC 3369, RFC 3370)
     for content and key encryption.

4.  The ASN.1 module needs a module identifier.  Please send email to 
[email-masked] if you want it assigned from the S/MIME WG arc.

Russ

---

From: Akihiro KATO <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 14:10:33 +0900

Russ,
  Thanks for the comments.

On Mon, 07 Apr 2003 17:06:25 -0400

>      for content and key encryption.

I summarized above three comments, rewrote as follows.

---
Abstract

1. Introduction 

1.1 Camellia

    Camellia ....(snip)

1.2 Terminology

    The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHOULD", "SHOULD
    NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document (in
    uppercase, as shown) are to be interpreted as described in
    [RFC2119].
---

If your intention is this text, I want to rewrite in this way.

> [email-masked] if you want it assigned from the S/MIME WG arc.
I sent this mail since I wanted to register this OID. 

Best regards.
--
- Akihiro KATO
  + NTT Software Corporation
   + Internet Technology Laboratory

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 16:34:34 -0400

This resolves comments 1, 2, and 3.  Thanks.

Russ