Subject: Re: [smime] RFC3125: Question - CertInfoReq fullPath

From: "Hajek, Juraj" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 10:09:54 +0000

Hello,

we are not sure about the interpretation of the following sentence in RFC3125 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc3125/?include_text=1).

CertRefReq and CertInfoReq, p.9
"References for full cert path up to a trust point required"

Does it mean that  the trust point should be included or excluded in the path?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Juraj Hájek
Project Manager

Ardaco, a.s.

---

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 11:08:17 -0700

Normally one would presume that the trust point is shared and thus can be
excluded from the path.  I do not believe that a problem would exist if a
reference to the trust point existed, as long as that did not constitute a
trust decision.

Jim

From: smime [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Hajek, Juraj
Sent: Friday, November 3, 2017 3:10 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [smime] RFC3125: Question - CertInfoReq fullPath

Hello,

we are not sure about the interpretation of the following sentence in
RFC3125 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc3125/?include_text=1).

“References for full cert path up to a trust point required”

Does it mean that  the trust point should be included or excluded in the
path?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Juraj Hájek

Project Manager

Ardaco, a.s.