Subject: [Spasm] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-01.txt

From: Wei Chuang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 06:02:33 -0700

This update includes changes for various comments:
>From the SPASM list
* Adding language for issuerAltName
* ASN.1 Module (or rather an attempt at it.  The hypothetical IANA numbers
are for example only)
* Disallowing wildcards

I asked my co-worker Laetitia Baudoin to take a look.  She mentions that
Byte Order Marks BOM are problematic in practice (despite being discouraged
in RFC3629), and mentions that an encoding example would be useful.
* Disallowing BOM language added.
The encoding example will have to come later.

-Wei

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 2:53 AM
Subject: [Spasm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-01.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and
SMIME of the IETF.

        Title           : Internationalized Email Addresses in X.509
certificates
        Authors         : Alexey Melnikov
                          Weihaw Chuang
        Filename        : draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-01.txt
        Pages           : 10
        Date            : 2016-10-30

Abstract:
   This document defines a new name form for inclusion in the otherName
   field of an X.509 Subject Alternative Name extension that allows a
   certificate subject to be associated with an Internationalized Email
   Address.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
Spasm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spasm

---

From: Wei Chuang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 08:10:42 -0700

And the document has been updated to 02 to change the example IANA numbers
to TBD.

-Wei

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 6:02 AM, Wei Chuang <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX
> and SMIME of the IETF.
>