Subject: [lamps] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-15: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 13:01:43 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses-15: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-eai-addresses/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I cleared my DISCUSS concerning the need to update RFC 5280, since Russ tells
me those updates are already in draft-ietf-lamps-rfc5280-i18n-update. However,
I still think the text in sections 1, 4, and 6 should be clarified to avoid the
impression that those updates are done by _this_ document.

Editorial Comments and Nits:

- section 3:
--  Please proofread section 3 for missing articles.
-- please consider reformulating " ... subjectAltName MUST only be used when
..." in the form of "... MUST NOT be used unless..."  (MUST ONLY can be
ambiguous about whether you mean "MUST NOT unless" or "MUST do this and nothing
else.")

- 4: "... (and avoids any "mappings" mentioned in that document)"
s/avoids/avoid