Subject: [lamps] New draft: rfc6844bis

From: Jacob Hoffman-Andrews <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 11:46:48 -0700

Hi all,

I've uploaded rfc6844bis 
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lamps-rfc6844bis-00), which is 
the WG version of 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-hoffman-andrews-caa-simplification-03. 
Differences versus the last draft:

- Adopted Corey's improved ABNF grammar, which also allows hyphens in 
property names, and spaces around the equal signs in properties.
- Clarified how to handle CAA RRsets that have no issue or issuewild 
tags, but do have other CAA tags. Thanks for the proposal on this, Corey!
- Added a "Differences vs RFC 6844" section.
- Emptied the IANA Considerations section, which was copied from RFC6844 
but irrelevant because the values in it had already been registered with 
IANA.
- Added a section to "Deployment Considerations" regarding private 
nameservers.
- Improved the wording of "Bogus DNSSEC Responses" section (under 
"Deployment Considerations").

If you would like to read the individual commits, they are available at 
https://github.com/jsha/caa-simplification/commits/master.

Thanks,
Jacob