Subject: [lamps] Call for adoption of draft-housley-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn

From: Tim Hollebeek <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 16:04:12 +0000

The recently approved LAMPS WG Charter adds this work item:

6. Specifies a certificate extension that is carried in a self-signed
certificate for a trust anchor, which is often called a Root Certification
Authority (CA) certificate, to identify the next public key that will be
used by the trust anchor.

It has been suggested that the WG adopt
draft-housley-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn as the starting point for this
work.  Since Russ Housley is the author of this draft, Tim Hollebeek will
judge consensus for this discussion.  Please voice your support or concerns
on the list.

---

From: "Dr. Pala" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 09:18:32 -0600

I support the adoption of this work.

On 7/14/18 10:04 AM, Tim Hollebeek wrote:
> certificate for a trust anchor, which is often called a Root
> Certification Authority (CA) certificate, to identify the next public
> key that will be used by the trust anchor.
>
>  
>
> draft-housley-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn as the starting point for
> this work.  Since Russ Housley is the author of this draft, Tim
> Hollebeek will judge consensus for this discussion.  Please voice your
> support or concerns on the list.
>
>  
>