Subject: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 06:48:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX and SMIME WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Use of the HSS/LMS Hash-based Signature Algorithm in the Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
        Author          : Russ Housley
	Filename        : draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-03-06

Abstract:
   This document specifies the conventions for using the the HSS/LMS
   hash-based signature algorithm with the Cryptographic Message Syntax
   (CMS).  In addition, the algorithm identifier and public key syntax
   are provided.  The HSS/LMS algorithm is one form of hash-based
   digital signature; it is described in [HASHSIG].

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2019 09:53:24 -0500

In addition to some minor reorganization, this update resolves small ASN.1 issue raised by Jim Schaad.  I wanted to get it posted before the IETF 104 cut-off date.

Russ

> On Mar 6, 2019, at 9:48 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
>

---

From: Tim Hollebeek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 18:39:05 +0000

Russ,

Have all appropriate IPR disclosures required for full conformance with the
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79 already been filed?

-Tim

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Spasm <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Russ Housley
> Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:53 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07.txt
> 
> In addition to some minor reorganization, this update resolves small ASN.1
> issue raised by Jim Schaad.  I wanted to get it posted before the IETF 104
cut-
> off date.
> > This draft is a work item of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX
and
> SMIME WG of the IETF.
> >
> >        Title           : Use of the HSS/LMS Hash-based Signature
Algorithm in the
> Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS)
> >        Author          : Russ Housley
> > Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
> > submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at
tools.ietf.org.
> _______________________________________________
> Spasm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spasm

---

From: Tim Hollebeek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:11:33 +0000

>From IDNITS:

/tmp/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07.txt:
/tmp/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07.txt(125): Line has weird spacing: '...
larger  numbe...'
/tmp/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07.txt(239): Possible code comment in
line:       lms_signature  /* signature of message */.
/tmp/draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07.txt(250): Possible code comment in
line:       lms_signature  /* signature of message */.

[...]

  ** The abstract seems to contain references ([HASHSIG]), which it
     shouldn't.  Please replace those with straight textual mentions of the
     documents in question.

[...]

  -- Found something which looks like a code comment -- if you have code
     sections in the document, please surround them with '<CODE BEGINS>' and
     '<CODE ENDS>' lines.

> From: Spasm <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 6:49 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [lamps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-lamps-cms-hash-sig-07.txt
> 
> 
and
Algorithm in the
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:48:48 -0400

YES, There are no IPR statements needed.

Russ

> On Mar 13, 2019, at 2:39 PM, Tim Hollebeek <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Russ,
>