Subject: [lamps] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn-05: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2019 18:27:38 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn-05: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-hash-of-root-key-cert-extn/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The CTIA acknowledgement seems unusual since it doesn't acknowledge any actual
contribution to the document.

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 11:25:37 -0400

Alissa:

The OIDs that are used come from the CTIA arc.  Perhaps this would be better:

   CTIA - The Wireless Association - is developing a public key
   infrastructure that will make use of the certificate extension
   described in this document, and the object identifiers used in the
   ASN.1 module were assigned by CTIA.

Russ