Subject: [lamps] Subject: Re: LAMPS WG Last Call for draft-ietf-lamps-5480-ku-clarifications-00

From: Tadahiko Ito <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2020 11:49:47 +0900

Hi

There were some certificates which use ECDSA with KU for encryption.

I believe we need to reduce that number.

Some people may worry about influence of that draft, but

reduction approach should depends on each PKI’s policy manager.

Policy manager still has right not to take that draft.

However, technically right usage should be clear, so the IETF should say
Must NOT.

#I believe it is good to (at least) restrict newly issued certificates.

>I'd say attempting to let 'em know would be a fine thing,

>while also processing this draft.

you are right. WGLC should be good chance to attempt.

I am currently thinking about to send message to some issuer who has issued
many or has many currently valid one.
However, if someone sugest any other effective way I would like to take
that.

Regards Tadahiko Ito