Subject: [lamps] Last Call: <draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7030est-clarify-07.txt> (Clarification of Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST): transfer encodings and ASN.1) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2020 10:50:30 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Limited Additional Mechanisms for
PKIX and SMIME WG (lamps) to consider the following document: -
'Clarification of Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST): transfer
   encodings and ASN.1'
  <draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7030est-clarify-07.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2020-07-09. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document updates RFC7030: Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST)
   to resolve some errata that was reported, and which has proven to
   cause interoperability issues when RFC7030 was extended.

   This document deprecates the specification of "Content-Transfer-
   Encoding" headers for EST endpoints.  This document fixes some
   syntactical errors in ASN.1 that was presented.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7030est-clarify/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

The document contains these normative downward references.
See RFC 3967 for additional information: 
    rfc5212: Requirements for GMPLS-Based Multi-Region and Multi-Layer Networks (MRN/MLN) (Informational - IETF stream)