Subject: [lamps] Protocol Action: 'Clarification of Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST): transfer encodings and ASN.1' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7030est-clarify-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 08:54:01 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Clarification of Enrollment over Secure Transport (EST): transfer
   encodings and ASN.1'
  (draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7030est-clarify-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Limited Additional Mechanisms for PKIX
and SMIME Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benjamin Kaduk and Roman Danyliw.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-lamps-rfc7030est-clarify/

Technical Summary

    This document updates RFC 7030 to resolve reported errata, add
    clarifications to improve interoperability, deprecate the use of
    "Content-Transfer-Encoding" headers for EST endpoints, and provides
    an ASN.1 module for RFC 7030.

Working Group Summary

    There is consensus for this document in the LAMPS WG.

Document Quality

    EST has wide support.  Several people have expressed support of
    the clarifications in this document.

Personnel

    Russ Housley is the document shepherd.
    Roman Danyliw is the responsible area director.