Subject: [Speechsc] draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-00.txt: DTMF barge-in question

From: "Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:34:02 -0400

It is not clear to me, how the synthesizer is stopped on DTMF barge-in.
In case of voice barge-in the recognizer is responsible to send
START-OF-SPEECH (see chapter 8.12). Is this also true in case of DTMF
barge-in?

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Sarvi Shanmugham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 09:01:13 -0700

The purpose of the START-OF-SPEECH event was to address the 
implementation of bargein, both speech and DTMF barge-in. The 
START-OF-SPEECH event is expected to be generated when the user starts 
speaking or pressing digits. The client is responsible for conveying the 
barge-in event to the synthesizer. The synthesizer should then decided 
whether to barge-in the current playing prompt or not based on barge-in 
flags provided when the SPEAK command was issued.

Sarvi

If the source is