Subject: [Speechsc] MRCPv2 Hotword Mode Recognition clarification

From: Brett Gavagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:39:21 -0400

Hi,

There's room for interpretation in the following section of the current 
draft of MRCPv2.

p53 of the draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-06.txt
Hotword Mode Recognition 
   Hotword mode is where the recognizer looks for a specific speech 
   grammar or dtmf sequence and ignores speech or DTMF that does not 
   match. It does not timeout nor generate a no-match and will complete 
   only for a successful match of grammar.

What response should a server generate for a START-INPUT-TIMERS request, 
when the current session has a recognition in progress in hotword mode?

What would justify a server not honoring timeouts if a client has the 
ability to specify timeout values?

Thanks,

Brett Gavagni 
WebSphere Voice Server Development 
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/pervasive/voice_server/
(561) 862-2097 T/L (975) 
[email-masked]
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc