Subject: [Speechsc] MRCPv2 Recognition Timeout clarification request

From: Brett Gavagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 17:21:41 -0400

Hi,

It's not entirely clear as to what RECOGNIZER scenario would generate a 
RECOGNITION-COMPLETE event with a Completion-Cause: 003 
recognition-timeout.

The "Recognition Timeout" section of the current MRCPv2 spec indicates 
that a 008 should be sent if a START-OF-SPEECH event was generated by the 
RECOGNIZE request.

p59 of the draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-06.txt
Recognition Timeout 
 
   When recognition is started and there is no match for a certain 
   period of time, the recognizer can send a RECOGNITION-COMPLETE event 
   to the client and terminate the recognition operation. It is the 
   timer that is started when START-OF-SPEECH event is generated by the 
   resource and specifies the maximum duration of the utterance. When 
   this timer expires the recognition request would complete with a 
   status code of "008 too-much-speech-timeout". The recognition-
   timeout header field sets this timeout value. The value is in 
   milliseconds. The value for this field ranges from 0 to MAXTIMEOUT, 
   where MAXTIMEOUT is platform specific. The default value is 10 
   seconds. This header field MAY occur in RECOGNIZE, SET-PARAMS or 
   GET-PARAMS. 

What RECOGNIZER scenario should generate a Completion-Cause: 003 
recognition-timeout?

Thanks,

Brett Gavagni 
IBM Voice Systems 
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc