Subject: [Speechsc] FW: MRCP and the VoiceXML Forum

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:47:52 -0400

The chairs think this information may be of interest to the list membership.

While it isn't about the protocol, we think that gaining commercial
acceptance of MRCPv2 will make all of our work worthwhile and not just an
academic exercise.

Please follow-up directly with Jeff with your or your company's interest.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Kusnitz [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 13, 2005 4:46 PM
To: Eric Burger
Subject: MRCP and the VoiceXML Forum

Eric,

As you know, the VoiceXML Forum has been a strong proponent of VoiceXML 
and the related W3C Speech Interface Framework specifications effectively 
since their inception.  The Forum has been actively promoting these 
standards, developing tutorials for them, even offering developer and 
platform certification tests.

It struck me one day that perhaps the Forum should also take on a similar
role for MRCP - promoting it, etc.  I discussed the idea with a few other
people, some in SPEECHSC, some in the Forum, and all thought it would be
a great idea.  Based on the initial positive feedback, I brought the idea
to the VoiceXML Forum itself, and they were also very receptive.

I'd like to gauge the level of interest in the SPEECHSC group.  Are
members agreeable to the VoiceXML Forum promoting MRCP?  And, if so, what
sorts of things would members like to see the Forum get involved with, 
marketing, education, conformance?  Other ideas?  Also, would members of
SPEECHSC like to participate in the Forum activities?

Thanks,
Jeff Kusnitz

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc