Subject: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field in RECOGNIZE or SET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

From: "Jenny Yao \(jyao\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:58:26 -0700

VoiceXML 2.1 specifies "recording user utterances while attempting
recognition". This can be done through recog-only-header "save-waveform"
and "waveform-uri" in MRCP V1 and V2. VoiceXML 2.1 also uses
recordutterancetype property to specify the media format of the result
recording. However, there is no way in MRCP to pass the required media
format to the server. We propose using the "Media-Type" header field,
currently defined for the recording resource, in the RECOGNIZE method or
the SET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods to specify a media type. The
Save-Waveform carries a URI pointing to the audio captured during
recognition. The captured audio SHOULD be saved with this media-type.
 
Thanks.
 
Jenny
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: "Thomas Gal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:46:51 -0700

Though this information could probably be inferred from the filename
extension, If we are going to follow/emulate the RECORD methodology than it
should also be available as a MIME body to the RECOGNITION COMPLETE/STOP
events as well. Otherwise I agree completely.

-Tom

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Jenny Yao (jyao)
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2005 8:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field in RECOGNIZE
orSET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods

VoiceXML 2.1 specifies "recording user utterances while attempting
recognition". This can be done through recog-only-header "save-waveform" and
"waveform-uri" in MRCP V1 and V2. VoiceXML 2.1 also uses recordutterancetype
property to specify the media format of the result recording. However, there
is no way in MRCP to pass the required media format to the server. We
propose using the "Media-Type" header field, currently defined for the
recording resource, in the RECOGNIZE method or the SET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS
methods to specify a media type. The Save-Waveform carries a URI pointing to
the audio captured during recognition. The captured audio SHOULD be saved
with this media-type.

Thanks.

Jenny