Subject: [Speechsc] RECORD method

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:29:27 -0400

the text says:

"The RECORD request places the recorder resource in the Recording  
state. Depending on the headers specified in the RECORD method the  
resource may start recording the audio immediately or wait for the  
end pointing functionality to detect speech in the audio. It then  
saves the audio to the URI supplied in the recording-uri header. If  
the recording-uri is not specified, the server MUST capture the media  
onto a local disk and return a URI pointing to the recorded audio in  
the RECORD-COMPLETE event. The server MUST support HTTP and file URI  
schemes."

Sorry, but a file: URI won't work - it's not generally usable between  
systems. Because of this and the secuirty issues, the last sentence  
probably ought to be:

"The server MUST support the HTTPS URI scheme and MAY support other  
schemes. Note that due to the sensitive nature of voice recordings,  
any other URI schemes supported by the server SHOULD employ integrity  
and confidentiality on the data transfer (e.g. FTPS)."

I changed the text, so let me know if this is going to cause heartburn.

dave.

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc