Subject: RE: [Speechsc] Personal grammars

From: "Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:14:32 -0400

Hi Dave,

the reason for this is, that some ASR engines simply cannot add voice
enrolled grammars to an arbitrary grammar.

Regards,
Klaus  

-----Original Message-----
From: David R. Oran [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Dienstag, 7. Juni 2005 16:18
To: [email-masked] ((((E-mail))))
Subject: [Speechsc] Personal grammars

The text on phrase enrollment says:

"The Personal-Grammar-URI, which specifies the grammar to contain the new
enrolled phrase, is created if it does not exist. Also, the personal grammar
may ONLY contain phrases added via a phrase enrollment session."

What's the reason for this restriction?

What bad would happen if we got rid of it, especially as the protocol has no
mechanisms to enforce this or for the client to generate an error when it
happens.

(still doing the chair review...hang in there).

Dave.

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:31:42 -0400

> enrolled grammars to an arbitrary grammar.
well, we have a lot of things that only work if your engine supports  
it, so I guess my question is why prohibit engines that can do this  
from having combined grammars.

this isn't a big deal - i happy to leave things as they are if on  
balance the restriction is not onerous for anybody.

Dave.