Subject: RE: [Speechsc] Problem with draft-6 RECOGNIZE command and test/ur i-list content type

From: "Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:28:17 -0400

We should add support of grammar weights (e.g. required by the weight
attribute of the <grammar> element of VoiceXML 2.0;
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-voicexml20-20040316/#dml3.1.1.3
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-voicexml20-20040316/#dml3.1.1.3> ) to MRCPv2.
 
Klaus

  _____  

From: Bennett, Patrick [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Dienstag, 14. Juni 2005 17:09
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Speechsc] Problem with draft-6 RECOGNIZE command and test/uri-list
content type

According to the latest draft on page 89:

   ...The RECOGNIZE method MUST carry the grammars that need to be 

   activated for that RECOGNIZE method, in its message body. The 

   grammars that need to be activated can be specified in one of 3 

   ways. The grammar content could be specified as a mime-content in 

   the message body. It could be a simple list of grammar URIs 

   specified in a mime-content of type text/uri-list, in which case the 

   order of the URI refer to the precedence order of the grammars 

   during the recognize. ...

The problem here is the statement "in which case the order of the URI refer
to the precedence order of the grammars during the recognize."

Well, what is the EXACT precedence?  Shouldn't each of the grammars be
considered as equally weighted alternatives?  Ideally, all must be weighted
equally unless a specific weight parameter was specified with each URI.

As currently specified, this part of the specification is basically
worthless.  No MRCP client would ever send multiple URIs to an MRCP server
via a uri-list since the weighting applied to each grammar is completely
undefined.

This really needs to be corrected.

Patrick Bennett

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: "Reifenrath, Klaus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 11:28:17 -0400

Klaus

  _____  

Patrick Bennett