Subject: Re: [Speechsc] save-waveform

From: "Dave Burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:31:58 +0100

Not sure how I missed this before but I thought there was a Save- 
Waveform-Type (a la Media-Type with RECORD) to specify what format to  
record the utterance in.

Taking the VoiceXML parochial view, we need to specify the format to  
implement http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-voicexml21-20040728/#sec- 
reco_reco-type.

Can suggest the text (given I let the worms out).

Dave

----- Original Message ----- From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
To: "Saravanan Shanmugham" <[email-masked]>; "Dan Burnett"  
<[email-masked]>; "Eric W. Burger" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2005 7:00 PM
Subject: [Speechsc] save-waveform

> Do implementers have to take the name "save-waveform" literally?  
> If  so, we need to say that only raw uncompressed audio is  
> acceptable in  the stored format. I suspect we don't mean that.
>
> We could change the header name, or explain that the captured  
> media  is just required to not be lossy compared to the input that  
> the  recognizer received.
>
> What's your pleasure?
>
> _______________________________________________
> Speechsc mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Brett Gavagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:47:56 -0400

I vote for "media-type", keeping consistent with the RECORDER resource.

A similar request was recently posted to the mailing list for RECOGNIZER 
SET-PARAMS and GET-PARAMS.

[Speechsc] propose adding "media-type" header field in RECOGNIZE or 
SET-PARAMS/GET-PARAMS methods
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/speechsc/current/msg01228.html

Thanks,

Brett Gavagni 
WebSphere Voice Server Development 
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/pervasive/voice_server/
[email-masked]

"Dave Burke" <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
06/09/2005 05:31 AM

To
"David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>, "Saravanan Shanmugham" 
<[email-masked]>, "Dan Burnett" <[email-masked]>, "Eric W. 
Burger" <[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
Re: [Speechsc] save-waveform

Dave