Subject: RE: [Speechsc] Problem with draft-6RECOGNIZEcommandandtest/uri-listcontent type

From: "Wyss, Felix" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 09:45:38 -0500

[inline]

> [Dave B] I like the following approach just because its familiar
(SIP):
> <http://www.example.com/mygram.srgs>;weight=0.75

[Wyss, Felix] OK, ";" it is. 

> [Dave B] I don't see any need for comments and am very mildly
> concerned there is potential for error here (a bad algorithm might
> truncate string to the '#' before extracting the URI from <.> and then
> the parameters) hence affecting interop.

[Wyss, Felix] OK, I removed it.

Here is the updated "Published Specification" section (I also added a
"session:" URI to the example):

Published specification:

The RECOGNIZE method of the MRCP protocol performs a recognition
operation that matches input against a set of grammars.  When matching
against more than one grammar, it is sometimes necessary to use
different weights for the individual grammars.  These weights are not a
property of the grammar resource itself but qualify the reference to
that grammar for the particular recognition operation initiated by the
RECOGNIZE method. 

The format of the proposed text/grammar-ref-list media type is as
follows:

  body        = *reference
  reference   = "<" uri ">" parameters CRLF
  parameters  = *(";" parameter)
  parameter   = name "=" value
  uri         = <same as 'URI-reference' production of RFC 2396>
  name        = <same as 'token' production of RFC2616>
  value       = <same as 'quoted-string' production of RFC2616> 

Note that MRCP currently only uses a 'weight' parameter, but there may
be the need for additional parameters in the future (even vendor
specific extensions).  Names of vendor specific parameters SHOULD start
with "x-".  

Example:

<http://example.com/grammars/field1.gram>
<http://example.com/grammars/field2.gram>;weight="0.85"
<session:[email-masked]>;weight="0.9"
<http://example.com/grammars/universals.gram>;weight="0.75"

Felix

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc