Subject: RE: [Speechsc] Problem with draft-6 RECOGNIZEcommandandtest/uri-listcontent type

From: "Wyss, Felix" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:59:14 -0500

[inline]

> 
> Looks good. Just one or two queries/comments:
>     - Why delimit the first parameter with ":" and the subsequent with
> ";".
> Simpler, more uniform to just use ";"?

[Wyss, Felix] Oh, I just added this as syntactic sugar so it'd be
similar to a header field.  Technically, the ":" could be left out
completely as the ">" already acts as a delimiter.  Opinions?

>     - Is a comments mechanism really needed? "#" is very common in
URIs to
> identify fragments (especially in SRGS!)

[Wyss, Felix] I use "<" and ">" to delimit the URIs.  They are both not
valid characters in URIs (i.e. they'd have to be escaped as %3c and
%3e).  
A fragment-only URI line would be as follows:

<#SomeFragment> 

This could thus not be misinterpreted as comment line (and vice-versa).

I thought it'd be useful to be able to use comments, but I don't feel
too strongly about it.  

>     - Should we include weight in "Optional Parameters" (we either
define
> it
> here or in MRCP spec)?

[Wyss, Felix] I assumed the "Optional Parameters" section of the
registration requests applies to the MIME type itself, for example
'charset':

text/grammar-ref-list;charset=UTF-8

I was actually debating whether to define 'charset' an optional
parameter, but as URIs only comprise ASCII characters, I assumed it was
not necessary.  What do you think?  

>     - We'll also use session: URIs with the grammar-ref-list (to allow
> weights on previously DEFINE'd-GRAMMARs). Fits BNF in RFC2396 and
below

[Wyss, Felix] Yes, of course.  Any URI conforming to RFC2396 could be
used in the grammar reference list; I just used HTTP as example.  

Felix

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: "Dave Burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:15:08 +0100

Inline.

Cheers,

Dave

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Wyss, Felix" <[email-masked]>
To: "Dave Burke" <[email-masked]>; "Shanmugham, Saravanan" 
<[email-masked]>; "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; "Bennett, Patrick" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2005 2:59 PM
Subject: RE: [Speechsc] Problem with 
draft-6RECOGNIZEcommandandtest/uri-listcontent type

[inline]

[Dave B] I like the following approach just because its familiar (SIP):
<http://www.example.com/mygram.srgs>;weight=0.75

URIs to

<#SomeFragment>

[Dave B] I don't see any need for comments and am very mildly
concerned there is potential for error here (a bad algorithm might
truncate string to the '#' before extracting the URI from <.> and then
the parameters) hence affecting interop.

define

[Dave B] Given RFC2396 doesn't address characters
outside of ASCII, I'd keep the worms in the can and leave it out.

below

Felix