Subject: [Speechsc] Document Action: 'Requirements for Distributed Control of ASR, SI/SV and TTS Resources' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:31:18 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Requirements for Distributed Control of ASR, SI/SV and TTS Resources '
   <draft-ietf-speechsc-reqts-07.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Speech Services Control Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jon Peterson and Allison Mankin.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-reqts-07.txt

Technical Summary

This document outlines the needs and requirements for a protocol to control 
distributed speech processing of audio streams.  By speech processing, this 
document specifically means automatic speech recognition (ASR), speaker 
recognition - which includes both speaker identification (SI) and speaker 
verification (SV) - and text-to-speech (TTS).  Other IETF protocols, such as 
SIP and RTSP, address rendezvous and control for generalized media streams. 
However, speech processing presents additional requirements that none of the 
extant IETF protocols address.

Working Group Summary
 
The SPEECHSC Working Group supported the advancement of the document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
This document was reviewed for the IESG by Jon Peterson.

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc