Subject: [Speechsc] Lexicon search order

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 14:38:58 -0400

Your intrepid co-chair has been doing his assigned due-diligence on  
the mrcpv2 spec in preparation for last call. This is one of a few  
issues that have come up for which I would like guidance form the WG.

The text says the folowing about the lexicon search oder header:

      "This header is used to specify the list of active Lexicon
      URIs and the search order among the active lexicons. Note,
      the lexicons specified within the SSML document still take
      precedence over the lexicons specified in this header."

This implies, at least to me, if the SSML says *anything* about  
lexicons, then the entire header is
ignored. There is no concatenation or other form of merging of the  
two lists, right?

If you think the text is perfectly clear and I'm worrying about  
nothing, I'll consider leaving it as is.

If you agree with my interpretation and can see the ambiguity, I'll  
change the last sentence to:

      "If the SSML document for the corresponding SPEAK
      operation contains any lexicon references, those lexicons
      are used and the lexicons specified in this header are ignored."

If you think something else was intended, speak now or make your case  
during last call!

Dave.

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc