Subject: [Speechsc] Clarification on comedia offer/answer

From: "Dave Burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 20:26:29 -0000

The language in Section 4.2 is misleading with respect to the possible answerer options for the connection attribute (see RFC 4145). Suggest changing

   The server MAY respond with a value of
   "existing" if prefers to share an existing connection or can answer
   with a value of "new", in which case the client MUST initiate a new
   transport connection.

to

   If the client specifies a value of "new", the server MUST respond
   with a value of "new". 

   If the client specifies a value of "existing", the server MAY respond
   with a value of  "existing" if it prefers to share an existing connection
   or can answer with a value of "new", in which case the client MUST
   initiate a new transport connection.

Dave

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc