Subject: [Speechsc] Speech recognition with SI and NLSML - putting it all together

From: "Dave Burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 16:55:05 -0000

A key function of the MRCP framework is to perform speech recognition and 
return a semantic result to the MRCP client. To do that with baseline 
interoperability assured, we need sufficient protocol machinery (tick), 
normative data representation formats (partial tick), and normative 
behaviour gluing everything together (partial tick).

Currently:

o The XML form of SRGS is required. However, SRGS does not normatively 
reference the Semantic Interpretation for Speech Recognition (SISR). 
Therefore, MRCP does not normatively specify a semantic interpretation 
language.

o We've got an imported version of NLSML. However, we don't say how the 
semantic result gets mapped into the <instance> content.

Proposal:

    1. Normatively require the Semantic Interpretation for Speech 
Recognition specification (now Candidate Recommendation).
        See - http://www.w3.org/TR/semantic-interpretation/

    2. In 9.6.3.3 INSTANCE element, add some text along the lines of:

        "The <instance> element contains the interpretation of the 
utterance. When
        the Semantic Interpretation for Speech Recognition format is used, 
the
        <instance> element contains the XML serialization of the ECMAScript 
result
        using the approach defined in that specification."

Dave

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc