Subject: [speechsc] Confidence threshold and no-match

From: Andrew Wahbe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:24:23 -0400

Section 9.4.1 of the latest MRCPv2 draft states that:

"If the recognizer determines that its confidence in any candidate match 
is less than the confidence threshold, then it MUST return no-match as 
the recognition result."

In section 9.4.4 it is stated that all alternatives in the n-best list 
must be above the confidence threshold. This implies that we are talking 
about the "pre-filtered" candidates section 9.4.1 -- i.e. the list of 
candidates before we have pruned those that are below the confidence 
threshold.  In this case, it would seem that almost every recognition 
would result in a nomatch as there is most likely a low confidence 
candidate in any recognition.

I would imagine that the statement in 9.4.1 is a typo or error. I think 
it should be rephrased as:

"If the recognizer determines that there is no candidate match with a 
confidence that is greater than the confidence threshold, then it MUST 
return no-match as the recognition result."
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc