Subject: [speechsc] Recognition Section Typos and Errors

From: Andrew Wahbe <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 16:35:11 -0400

Some typos and errors found in the current MRCPv2 draft (09):

Section 9.12: Unique is mis-spelled as "uniqe".

Section 9.13: The title should be "START-INPUT-TIMERS" not 
"INPUT-TIMERS" (Table of Contents is wrong too).

Section 9.13: The last sentence isn't quite right/clear. It says: "The 
recognizer resource SHOULD NOT start the timers until the client sends a 
START-INPUT-TIMERS method to the recognizer." This is only true if the 
timers were not started by the RECOGNIZE request.

Section 9.9: The "Non-Hotword mode recognition" subsection gives an 
overview of the execution of a recognition. In addition to some typos, 
this section also confuses the no-input timer and the recognition timer 
(ie. maxspeech timer).
    * Typo in first sentence: "recongition" should be "recognition"
    * In the first paragraph, instances of "Recognition-Timer" should be 
changed to "No-Input Timer". (ie. "The Recognition-Timer MUST BE started 
at...." should be "The No-Input Timer MUST BE started at..." and "If 
this header is set to "false", the Recognition-Timer MUST be started..." 
should be "If this header is set to "false", the No-Input-Timer MUST be 
started...").
    * Typos in point (1.): "recongizer" should be "recognizer" and 
"end-ofspeech" should be "end-of-speech"
    * There is no (correct) mention of when the Recognition-Timer should 
be started. Presumably this would be when the START-OF-INPUT event is sent.
    * There is no mention of what happens when the No-Input Timer 
expires (completion cause of 002 no-input-timeout)

Other issues:
    * Both "Recognition Timer" and "Recognition-Timer" are used 
throughout the document. One should be used consistently; "Recognition 
Timer" is perhaps best.

Regards,

Andrew Wahbe
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc