Subject: [speechsc] Grammar freshness checking on RECOGNIZE

From: Andrew Wahbe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 12:59:23 -0400

The VoiceXML Forum MRCP Liaison Committee is concerned that seems to be 
no mention of the freshness of previously defined grammars being 
evaluated on a RECOGNIZE. For example, consider a long session where a 
grammar X was defined at the start of the session and X was used in a 
recognition at the end of the session. If the grammar expired at some 
point in between, the session would be using an "old", expired version 
of the grammar for the recognition.

The SRGS specification indicates in section 4.14 that this check should 
be done:

"Activation of a grammar is the point at which the recognizer begins 
detection of user input matching the grammar and is therefore analogous 
to the action of visual or audio rendering of system output. As with 
output rendering, grammar freshness should be checked close to the 
moment of grammar activation."

A statement should be added to the specification requiring that the 
freshness of pre-defined grammars should be checked on a RECOGNIZE and 
that expired grammars should be re-fetched and re-compiled.

Thanks,

Andrew Wahbe
VoiceXML Forum MRCP Liaison Committee
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc