Subject: RE: [Speechsc] Query regarding sharing of TCP connections for the control channels in MRCPv2

From: "Saravanan Shanmugham \(sarvi\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:40:00 -0700

Note that even if client sends a 
          a=setup:active
          a=connection:existing
          a=resource:speechrecog
The server can respond with 
          a=setup:active
          a=connection:new
          a=resource:speechsynth
The SDP exchange does include the IP address of the client and server. 
So the server should able to recognize the fact that the client does not
have an
existing TCP/SCTP connection with it and respond with a=connection:new
Thanks,
Sarvi

________________________________

	From: jakki sasidhar [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2006 8:12 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Speechsc] Query regarding sharing of TCP connections
for the control channels in MRCPv2

	Hi,
	    The following is quoted from draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-09
in sec 4.4,
	"Multiple resource control channels between a client and a
server that belong to different SIP dialogs can share one or more TLS,
TCP or SCTP connections between them; the server and client MUSTsupport
this mode of operation."
	 
	    Now my question is, how do we inform the server that we want
use the control channel over an already exisiting TCP connection?
Protocol says that we need to add "a=connection:existing" to specify
that there is an already existing connection which can be shared. But,
using only URI and without knowing the ip-address of the server, i
cannot tell whether there is an existing TCP connection with the target
server. So, i cannot fill this information in the offer sent in the
INVITE. Also this time, if i send INVITE even with the same URI(using
which i have a established a TCP connection earlier), there is every
chance that i get some new server to be connected(due to load sharing or
some other reason). Then how can i achieve this sharing of control
channels across the SIP dialogs.
	 
	    Any comments will be appreciated.
	 
	with regards,
	Sasidhar

************************************************************************
***************

	This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information
from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose
address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in
any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure,
reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended
recipient's) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc