Subject: [Speechsc] Reg. Unsupported/Bad parameters in requests....

From: Arvind Saraswat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:28:45 +0800

Hi,

    In MRCPv2 specification for SET-PARAMS it is mentioned that... (6.1.1)

The "SET-PARAMS" method, from the client to the server, tells the

   MRCPv2 resource to define parameters for the session, such as voice

   characteristics and prosody on synthesizers, recognition timers on

   recognizers, etc.  If the server accepts and sets all parameters it

   MUST return a Response-Status of 200.  If it chooses to ignore some

   optional headers that can be safely ignored without affecting

   operation of the server it MUST return 201.

   If some of the headers being set are unsupported for the resource or

   have illegal values, the server MUST reject the request with a 403

   Unsupported Header or 404 Illegal Value for Header, as appropriate.

   If the request had both bad and unsupported parameters 404 MUST be

   returned.  Such a response MUST include the bad or unsupported

   headers and their values exactly as they were sent from the client.

   Session parameters modified using "SET-PARAMS" do not override

   parameters explicitly specified on individual requests or requests

   that are in-PROGRESS.

It is clear from above that if SET-PARAM method tries to SET an unsupported
or bad parameter, the server will responds with 403 or 404 as the case may
be and will send the header and value exactly as sent in the initial request
method.

However, what will happen if the parameter is set using SPEAK or RECOGNIZE
or DEFINE-GRAMMAR or any other similar method? Will the response to these
messages is similar to SET-PARAMS? The following options are there:

a) Just send the error code (response line)

b) Include all the parameters that could not be set/defined by the request,

c) any other...

regards
Arvind

-Arvind

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc