Subject: [speechsc] n-best alternatives on a nomatch

From: "Andrew Wahbe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:26:06 -0700

Section 9.4.4 says that all alternatives in the n-best list must be
above the confidence threshold.
However, the NLSML <nomatch> element may contain the text of the best
(yet not good enough) match.
 
Is this not a contradiction? What constitutes an "alternative"? Is it an
interpretation with a non-empty <instance>? Does this mean that if there
is a <nomatch> in the input, then there is no instance data? If so why
not -- if you are providing the text of the best match it would make
sense to also attach it's interpretation wouldn't it? Is it just so it
is not counted as an "alternative"? If so, why do we have the constraint
that only the alternatives with a high enough confidence can be
returned? If an alternative can be marked as "below the confidence
threshold" (both by the confidence level and the <nomatch> tag), then
the client should not be confused by this. Perhaps the restriction in
9.4.4 should be removed?
 
Thanks,
 
Andrew Wahbe
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc