Subject: [speechsc] Cache-control issue

From: "Bergallo Patrizio" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:30:01 +0200

Hi,

in the Cache-Control general header description (6.2.13, pag 33-34) is
stated:

   If the server implements content caching, it MUST adhere to the cache
   correctness rules of HTTP 1.1 [6] when accessing and caching stored
   content.  In particular, the "expires" and "cache-control" headers of
   the cached URI or document MUST be honored and take precedence over
   the Cache-Control defaults set by this header. 

While, at the end of the same section, is stated:

   If both the MRCPv2 cache-control directive and the cached entry on
   the server include "max-age" directives, then the lesser of the two
   values is used for determining the freshness of the cached entry for
   that request.

It seems to me that the two sentences are in contradiction; what is the
correct behaviour?

Patrizio Bergallo, Loquendo.

Gruppo Telecom Italia - Direzione e coordinamento di Telecom Italia S.p.A.

================================================
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons above and may contain confidential information. If you have received the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to <mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]. Thank you<http://www.loquendo.com>www.loquendo.com
================================================
_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: "Dave Burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:57:28 +0100

I agree - they are in contradiction. There are several other issues in the same section which I reported previously:

http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/speechsc/current/msg01539.html

Dave
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Bergallo Patrizio 
  To: [email-masked] 
  Sent: Monday, July 10, 2006 10:30 AM
  Subject: [speechsc] Cache-control issue

  Hi,

  ================================================
  CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
  This message and its attachments are addressed solely to the persons
  above and may contain confidential information. If you have received
  the message in error, be informed that any use of the content hereof
  is prohibited. Please return it immediately to the sender and delete
  the message. Should you have any questions, please send an e_mail to
  <mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]. Thank you
  <http://www.loquendo.com>www.loquendo.com
  ================================================

------------------------------------------------------------------------------