Subject: [speechsc] Accurate determination of START-OF-INPUT time

From: "Dave Burke" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 12:00:54 +0100

It is useful to know the START-OF-INPUT time in many speech applications (e.g. to be able to resume from where one left off or to offset from the point of barge-in, e.g. "skip forward two seconds"). While this can be *estimated* from the time of receipt of the event, it 's accuracy is subject to network transit times.  We've got an NTP timestamp for SPEECH-MARKER and I believe we should also have one for START-OF-INPUT. Note that, implementation of VoiceXML's marktime requires one subtract the last SPEECH-MARKER time from the START-OF-INPUT time.

We could simply add a ;timestamp attribute to Input-Type a la Speech-Marker.

Dave

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc

---

From: Brett Gavagni <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:04:24 -0400

Good suggestion Dave.

This sounds like a reasonable request to facilitate more precise accuracy 
measurements.

Thanks,

Brett Gavagni 
WebSphere Voice Server Development 
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/pervasive/voice_server/ 
[email-masked]

"Dave Burke" <[email-masked]> 
07/06/2006 07:00 AM

To
<[email-masked]>
cc

Subject
[speechsc] Accurate determination of START-OF-INPUT time

It is useful to know the START-OF-INPUT time in many speech applications 
(e.g. to be able to resume from where one left off or to offset from the 
point of barge-in, e.g. "skip forward two seconds"). While this can be 
*estimated* from the time of receipt of the event, it 's accuracy is 
subject to network transit times.  We've got an NTP timestamp for 
SPEECH-MARKER and I believe we should also have one for START-OF-INPUT. 
Note that, implementation of VoiceXML's marktime requires one subtract the 
last SPEECH-MARKER time from the START-OF-INPUT time.
 
We could simply add a ;timestamp attribute to Input-Type a la 
Speech-Marker. 
 
Dave_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc