Subject: [Speechsc] Query on Channel-identifier header in Draft 12

From: Rajanish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 15:05:07 +0530

Hi,

I was trying to understand the ABNF for the channel identifier header, As
per the draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-12

Channel identifier is explained as below

6.2.1.  Channel-Identifier

   All MRCPv2 requests, responses and events MUST contain the Channel-

   Identifier header.  The value is allocated by the server when a

   control channel is added to the session and communicated to the

   client by the "a=channel" attribute in the SDP answer from the

   server.  The header value consists of 2 parts separated by the '@'

   symbol.  The first part is an unambiguous string identifying the

   MRCPv2 session.  The second part is a string token which specifies

   one of the media processing resource types listed in Section 3.1.

   The unambiguous string (first part) MUST BE unique among the resource

   instances managed by the server and is common to all resource

   channels with that server established through a single SIP dialog.

   channel-identifier  = "Channel-Identifier" ":" channel-id CRLF

   channel-id          = 1*VCHAR "@" 1*VCHAR

The header value consists of two parts separated by "@" , the First part is
a VCHAR and Second part is also a VCHAR. The problem here is 

'@' also falls  in the range of  VCHAR set of characters.

VCHAR            =    %x21-7E  (33-126)

@                 =   %x40    (64)

So we can have any number of "@" characters in the first part as well as in
second part. due to this we will not be able to distinguish the first part
from second part.

Kindly help me regarding this issue.

Thanks and Regards

Rajanish S D

 

 

_______________________________________________
Speechsc mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/speechsc
Supplemental web site:
&lt;http://www.standardstrack.com/ietf/speechsc&gt;