Subject: [Speechsc] Changes from draft -17 to draft -18

From: Dan Burnett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:29:55 -0400

Group,

Here are the changes in draft-18 (just submitted).

-- dan

- 1:  Clarified relationship with RTSP.

- 2.1:  Added definition of "endpointing".

- In Section 5, changed "However, to assist in compact  
representations, MRCPv2 also allows other character sets such as ISO  
8859-1 to be used when desired."
  to
"However, to assist in compact representations, MRCPv2 also allows  
message content to be represented in other character sets such as ISO  
8859-1."
In the context of its paragraph, this change clarifies that message  
header values are always in UTF-8.

- In Section 6.2, changed "It MUST be possible to combine multiple  
headers of the same name into one "header:value" pair without changing  
the semantics of the message, by appending each subsequent value to  
the first, each separated by a comma."
  to
"Since vendor-specific parameters may be order-dependent, it MUST be  
possible to combine multiple headers of the same name into one  
"header:value" pair without changing the semantics of the message, by  
appending each subsequent value to the first, each separated by a  
comma.".

- In 6.2.5, changed "acceptable character set" to "acceptable  
character sets".

- In 6.2.11, changed "the receiver MAY ignore the content of the  
message body."
  to
"the receiver MUST ignore the content of the message body."

- In 6.3, changed "(a=resultformat:application/emma-xml)" to  
"(a=resultformat:application/emma+xml)"

- 8.4.13, 9.4.21, 10.4.6:  changed "all anticipated access protocols"  
to "any access protocol".  Changed "is alphanumeric" to be "is  
UTF-8".  Also, in the ABNF changed "alphanum" to be "UTFCHAR".

- 8.5.1, 8.5.2, 9.5.1, 9.9:  after first mention of text/uri-list,  
added reference to RFC 2483.

- 9.4.6:  changed 'Completion-Status of "002 no-input-timeout"' to  
'Completion-Cause of "no-input-timeout"'

- 9.4.8:  changed "in the form of a URI returned" to "by returning a  
URI".

- 9.16:  changed "has no effect on the second attempt." to "has no  
effect the second time".

- 10.6:  changed "any other URI schemes supported by the server SHOULD  
employ integrity
    and confidentiality on the data transfer (e.g.  FTPS)"
to
"any protocols used for dereferencing SHOULD employ integrity and  
confidentiality"

- 11.4.16:  added new failure Completion-Cause of "speech-not-usable".

- 13.5:  changed "We make the assumption that '>' is not a valid  
character in a URI according to RFC3986." to
"'>' must be percent encoded in URIs according to RFC3986."

- 13.5.2:  ***section deleted***.  This media type already exists.

- 13.6:  changed "The URLs defined here provide an addressing or  
referencing mechanism only." to
"The URIs defined here provide an identification mechanism only."

Added a few within-document references and made a modest number of  
minor, non-functional wording changes, mainly in introductory sections.

Plus fixed the inevitable typos.