Subject: [Speechsc] MRCPv2 Protocol Basics - Questions

From: Slawomir Testowy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 13:22:56 +0200

Hi,

I have few more questions regarding MRCPv2.

> 4.2. Managing Resource Control Channels

> When the client wants to add a media processing resource to the
> session, it issues a SIP re-INVITE transaction.

Is it possible to allocate more than one resource of the same type
during one SIP dialog?
Example in 4.2 shows how to allocate synthesizer and recognizer, but
does not specify if there
may be e.g. more than one synthesizer.

> When the client wants to de-allocate the resource from this session,
> it issues a SIP re-INVITE transaction with the server.  The SDP MUST
> offer the control m-line with port 0.  The server MUST then answer
> the control m-line with a response of port 0.  This de-allocates the
> associated MRCPv2 identifier and resource.  The server MUST NOT close
> the TCP, SCTP or TLS connection if it is currently being shared among
> multiple MRCP channels.  When all MRCP channels that may be sharing
> the connection are released and/or the associated SIP dialog is
> terminated, the client or server terminates the connection.

Can client open connection with the server, send SET-PARAMS request
and close connection? Then
open second connection, send SPEAK request and close connection
without waiting for any events?

> 4.4. MRCPv2 Message Transport

> Multiple resource control channels between a client and
> a server that belong to different SIP dialogs can share one or more
> TLS, TCP or SCTP connections between them; the server and client MUST
> support this mode of operation.  The individual MRCPv2 messages carry
> the MRCPv2 channel identifier in their Channel-Identifier header,
> which MUST be used to differentiate MRCPv2 messages from different
> resource channels (see Section 6.2.1 for details).

Is it possible to use more than one TCP (or TLS or SCTP) connection
for one control channel?
Can client send messages with the same channel identifier using many
connections?

-- 
Slawomir Testowy