Subject: [Speechsc] I-D Action:draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-20.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 11:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Speech Services Control Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Media Resource Control Protocol Version 2 (MRCPv2)
	Author(s)       : S. Shanmugham, D. Burnett
	Filename        : draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-20.txt
	Pages           : 217
	Date            : 2009-08-11

The MRCPv2 protocol allows client hosts to control media service
resources such as speech synthesizers, recognizers, verifiers and
identifiers residing in servers on the network.  MRCPv2 is not a
"stand-alone" protocol - it relies on other protocols, such as
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) to rendezvous MRCPv2 clients and
servers and manage sessions between them, and the Session Description
Protocol (SDP) to describe, discover and exchange capabilities.  It
also depends on SIP and SDP to establish the media sessions and
associated parameters between the media source or sink and the media
server.  Once this is done, the MRCPv2 protocol exchange operates
over the control session established above, allowing the client to
control the media processing resources on the speech resource server.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-speechsc-mrcpv2-20.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.