Subject: [Speechsc] Question about DEFINE-LEXICON

From: Slawomir Testowy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:00:40 +0100

Hi.

Description of DEFINE-LEXICON seems to be not precise.

> 8.14. DEFINE-LEXICON
>
>
>   The DEFINE-LEXICON method, from the client to the server, provides a
>   lexicon and tells the server to load, unload, activate or deactivate
>   the lexicon.

How does it tell it? OK, I found it in the description of Load-Lexicon header in
"8.4.16. Load-Lexicon",. Maybe this should be moved here?

Moreover, while loading and unloading is defined in activations and deactivation
is not specified anywhere.

>
>    If the server resource is in the speaking or paused state, the server
>    MUST respond 402 (Method not valid in this state) failure status.
>
>    If the resource is in the idle state and is able to successfully
>    load/unload/activate/deactivate the lexicon the status MUST return a
>    success code and the request-state MUST be COMPLETE.
>
>    If the synthesizer could not define the lexicon for some reason, for
>    example because the download failed or the lexicon was in an
>    unsupported form, the server MUST respond with a failure status code
>    of 407, and a Completion-Cause header describing the failure reason.

There is no definition of "lexicon". There is only this:

> 8.5.2. Lexicon Data
>
>    Synthesizer lexicon data from the client to the server can be
>    provided inline or by reference.  Either way they are carried as
>    typed media in the message body of the MRCPv2 request message.
>    ...

Is "lexicon" the same as http://www.w3.org/TR/pronunciation-lexicon/
defined in SSML1.1? If yes, there should be a reference to PLS. If no,
there should be some clarification what media type the lexicon is, for
example reference to http://www.w3.org/TR/speech-synthesis/#S3.1.4
describing lexicons in SSML.

Maybe there should be a note that type of the lexicon is defined in
Content-Type header of the DEFINE-LEXICON message.