Subject: Re: [spfbis] Deployment guide

From: "Wayne Doust" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 09:28:27 +1000

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Scott Kitterman
Sent: Friday, 31 August 2012 4:30 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [spfbis] Deployment guide

I don't think this is a good idea.

Scott K
_______________________________________________

Whilst a deployment guide inside the rfc is probably not a great thing,
some text to strongly point to deployment guides - perhaps leading
eventually to an rfc deployment guide is essential. In the absence of
such direction, it would be better to have it in the appendix than not
at all.

The number of faulty SPF records I receive on a daily basis is simply
ridiculous. Over 50% of these fall into two camps: duplicate entries and
the use of quotes without spaces. Others make basic mistakes such as
"ipv4:" or don't check their include references. This is not to mention
the email appliances that are broken.

Regards,

Wayne Doust