Subject: [spfbis] Summary of issues for draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 06:02:53 -0800

Hello,

According to the SPFBIS WG Charter the working group was scheduled to 
submit draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis for publication in December 
2012.  Here is the list of open issues [1]:

#22 RFC 4408: Section 2.5.7 PermError on invalid domains after macro expansion

#24 RFC 4408: Reasonable DNS error limits

#29 RFC 4408: Section 2.5.4 - mark on fail

#34 Throw a temperror - Section 5.2

#35 authorized_spf domain name - Section 9.1.1

#36 RFC 2119 key words

#37 spf classic

#38 Deprecated

#39 Temporary errors implied as only caused by DNS errors

#40 Wildcard records

#41 Multiple DNS errors

#42 Record Evaluation

#43 New requirement for mx: or ptr records

#44 Section 5.4 does not mention requirement in section 4.6.4

#45 Section 5.5 steps

#46 DNS reply in Section 5.7

#47 domain-spec

#48 Section 8.1 - macro defs

#49 IANA registry for SPF modifiers

#50 Terminology

#51 Remove A-R from 4408bis

#52 Section 8.1 *Macro Definitions

#53 Possible ABNF nit with Received-SPF

#54 Section 9.2.1 of 4408bis

#55 Section 9.2.2 Forwarding Services and Aliases

#56 Section 9.2.2 Forwarding Services and Aliases

#57 x-* fields in 4408bis

#58 Local policy in 4408bis

#59 Remove section 9.1.1 DNS Resource Considerations

#6 RFC 4408 Section 10.1 - Processing limits needs clarification and 
reorganization

#33 Marked Failed Mail Exposure

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/spfbis/trac/report/1