Subject: [spfbis] Authentication-Results

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 09:54:47 -0700

Colleagues,

(with apologies for the cross-posting if you get more than one copy of this)

As you may have seen already, I'm working on a revision to RFC5451.

A Proposed Standard "bis" effort always benefits from describing extant
implementations.  I know about the ones I've written, and about some very
public uses of it (Gmail, Yahoo, for example).  If there's anyone in this
audience that knows of others, I'd love to hear about it.

Reviews of the update are also welcome:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-rfc5451bis/

Thanks,
-MSK

---

From: Jose Borges Ferreira <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:59:18 +0000

Hi!

I've noted that Courrier MTA logs DNSWL results on an
Authentication-Results header. I looked at the source and
documentation  and apparently it's only for whitelists.

Don't know if it qualifies as existing implementation because it's
only available on the svn version...

Configuration snippet:

# BLACKLISTS='-block=zen.spamhaus.org,BLOCK2 -block=cbl.abuseat.org,BLOCK2'
#
# The BLACKLISTS setting can also contain -allow options to implement
# DNS-based whitelists. See the couriertcpd(1) man page for more information.
# The -block and -allow options from this setting are passed directly to
# couriertcpd(1).

BLACKLISTS=""

##NAME: ALLOW_EXCLUSIVE:0
#
# The -allow option adds an Authentication-Results: header to a received
# message, if the sender's IP was found in the -allow lookup.

And according to the code, adds something like:

Authentication-Results: " + cme_name + ";\n    dnswl=pass dns.zone="
+"\n    policy.ip=" + ip;
And eventually a policy.txt with rfc2047_encode_str of the TXT record.

José Borges Ferreira

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy
<[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> spfbis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spfbis
>

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Mar 2013 18:46:12 -0000

>audience that knows of others, I'd love to hear about it.

I'm authentication-results headers in a plugin into the mailfront SMTP
daemon.  It does SPF and DKIM, matches the syntax in Murray's draft.