Subject: [spfbis] draft-kucherawy-rfc5451bis

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 15:40:34 -0400

[also posted to apps-discuss]

I've uploaded an update to draft-kucherawy-rfc5451bis for review.  It
incorporates the feedback I've received over the last few months since the
last version.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-kucherawy-rfc5451bis/

To recap: RFC5451 defines a standard message header field for recording the
results of things like DKIM and SPF by border MTAs so internal things like
MUAs don't have to repeat those checks.  This is an update draft based on
operational experience since the proposed standard was originally published
in 2009.

So, two things:

1) Reviewers, please!  I think this is pretty much ready to go as it's been
around since last June with some reviews, but nothing lately.  A final
glance by some of the apps community (especially mail people) would be
grand.

2) I'd like to process this through APPSAWG.  Salvatore would have to
shepherd it since I can't shepherd my own document.  Is that a reasonable
path for this work?  There isn't an active working group doing SMTP things,
and we know our ADs would prefer to avoid sponsoring things if possible.

Thanks,
-MSK