Subject: [spfbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 13:31:05 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1
	Author(s)       : Scott Kitterman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-13.txt
	Pages           : 73
	Date            : 2013-03-25

Abstract:
   Email on the Internet can be forged in a number of ways.  In
   particular, existing protocols place no restriction on what a sending
   host can use as the "MAIL FROM" of a message or the domain given on
   the SMTP HELO/EHLO commands.  This document describes version 1 of
   the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) protocol, whereby an ADMD can
   explicitly authorize the hosts that are allowed to use its domain
   names, and a receiving host can check such authorization.

   This document obsoletes RFC4408.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-13

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:36:33 -0400

On Monday, March 25, 2013 01:31:05 PM [email-masked] wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of
> the IETF.
> 
> 	Title           : Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of
> Domains in Email, Version 1 Author(s)       : Scott Kitterman

This draft incorporates some minor clarifications and reformatting as suggested 
by Stuart and Alessandro.  It also includes the new DNS "void lookup" 
processing limit from Mail::SPF that we previously discussed.

More significantly, this reduces the number of open issues in the tracker and 
the number of unread SPFbis mails I have sitting waiting for action both to 
zero.

Scott K

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 13:43:56 -0700

>the number of unread SPFbis mails I have sitting waiting for action both to

Thanks for moving the work forward.

Please send a message to [email-masked] when 
draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis is ready for WGLC.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 18:43:33 -0400

On Monday, March 25, 2013 01:43:56 PM S Moonesamy wrote:
> >More significantly, this reduces the number of open issues in the tracker
> >and the number of unread SPFbis mails I have sitting waiting for action
> >both to zero.
> 

OK.  I'll give it a few days for these changes to incubate, but otherwise, I 
think we're there.  

Scott K