Subject: [spfbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-17.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 19:04:14 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1
	Author(s)       : Scott Kitterman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-17.txt
	Pages           : 75
	Date            : 2013-07-14

Abstract:
   Email on the Internet can be forged in a number of ways.  In
   particular, existing protocols place no restriction on what a sending
   host can use as the "MAIL FROM" of a message or the domain given on
   the SMTP HELO/EHLO commands.  This document describes version 1 of
   the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) protocol, whereby ADministrative
   Management Domains (ADMDs) can explicitly authorize the hosts that
   are allowed to use its domain names, and a receiving host can check
   such authorization.

   This document obsoletes RFC4408.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-17

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-17

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:20:08 -0400

I ran a spell checker and found a number of typos:

- section 2.5, 1st sentence "recieves" spelling error. Remember, i 
before e accept after c. <g>

- section 7.3, I don't think the past tense usage "uppercased" and 
"lowercased" are valid here. I think it should be:

    Uppercase macros expand exactly as their lowercase equivalents,
    ...

- Appendix F, 2nd para "mitiate" spelling error

- Section H.2, 3rd para. Spelling error with the word "reliabilility"

- H.4. 4th para, "perferable' spelling error

Small Nit:

- Section B.4,  I don't see how "De Morgan's Law" applies here.  De 
Morgan's law as I was taught to use it and have applied it over the 
decades of software development allows for the expansion or reduction of 
complex boolean logic to its SIMPLEST wiring, circuitry, logic 
PHYSICALLY possible .  This is because there is no such things as OR 
gates, only AND gates and using De Morgan's theorem you can reproduce, 
emulate, etc, the desired OR, NOR, XOR gates, etc circuitry, e.g.; an 
notted OR gate is equal to notted input AND gate.  I don't quite see how 
this applies nor necessary for the example cited.

--
HLS

On 7/14/2013 10:04 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> spfbis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spfbis
>
>