Subject: [spfbis] I-D Action: draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2013 20:27:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SPF Update Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1
	Author(s)       : Scott Kitterman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-18.txt
	Pages           : 75
	Date            : 2013-08-16

Abstract:
   Email on the Internet can be forged in a number of ways.  In
   particular, existing protocols place no restriction on what a sending
   host can use as the "MAIL FROM" of a message or the domain given on
   the SMTP HELO/EHLO commands.  This document describes version 1 of
   the Sender Policy Framework (SPF) protocol, whereby ADministrative
   Management Domains (ADMDs) can explicitly authorize the hosts that
   are allowed to use its domain names, and a receiving host can check
   such authorization.

   This document obsoletes RFC4408.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-18

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-18

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Hector Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 08:42:44 -0400

I posted back in July 15, the numerous spelling mistakes you had in rev 
17.  You completely ignore it despite a direct CC email was sent to you.

As a side note, lets talk about diversity and improving electronic 
participation; first step - stop ignoring input, no scratch that - PEOPLE!

On 8/16/2013 11:27 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> spfbis mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spfbis
>
>

---

From: Scott Kitterman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 09:15:23 -0400

> participation; first step - stop ignoring input, no scratch that - PEOPLE!

I didn't ignore it, I forgot about it, please don't assume malice.

Here are the changes Hector mentioned:

> - section 2.5, 1st sentence "recieves" spelling error. Remember, i before e
> accept after c. <g>> 
> - section 7.3, I don't think the past tense usage "uppercased" and
> "lowercased" are valid here. I think it should be:
>    Uppercase macros expand exactly as their lowercase equivalents,
>    ...
> 
> - Appendix F, 2nd para "mitiate" spelling error
> 
> - Section H.2, 3rd para. Spelling error with the word "reliabilility"
> 
> - H.4. 4th para, "perferable' spelling error

Any objections to any of these anyone?  I think they are fine.

Scott K