Subject: [spfbis] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7208 (4001)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 09:23:50 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC7208,
"Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7208&eid=4001

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Jimmy Xu <[email-masked]>

Section: A.4

Original Text
-------------
   example.com.           SPF  ( "v=spf1 "
                                 "-include:ip4._spf.%{d} "
                                 "-include:ptr._spf.%{d} "
                                 "+all" )
   ip4._spf.example.com.  SPF  "v=spf1 -ip4:192.0.2.0/24 +all"
   ptr._spf.example.com.  SPF  "v=spf1 -ptr +all"

Corrected Text
--------------
   example.com.           TXT  ( "v=spf1 "
                                 "-include:ip4._spf.%{d} "
                                 "-include:ptr._spf.%{d} "
                                 "+all" )
   ip4._spf.example.com.  TXT  "v=spf1 -ip4:192.0.2.0/24 +all"
   ptr._spf.example.com.  TXT  "v=spf1 -ptr +all"

Notes
-----
According to Section 14.1 and Appendix B, the use of DNS RR type SPF (99) has been removed from the protocol.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC7208 (draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-21)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1
Publication Date    : April 2014
Author(s)           : S. Kitterman
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : SPF Update
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 May 2014 18:31:20 -0000

>Original Text

Oops.  How'd we miss that?

R's,
John

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 14:36:01 -0400

> Oops.  How'd we miss that?

Indeed.  In fact, I could swear I recall an email exchange about it,
but I haven't managed to dig it out.  Maybe I dreamed it.

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]

---

From: Måns Nilsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 22:54:42 +0200

> Oops.  How'd we miss that?

Unconciously, you did the right thing. Admit it. 

-- 
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668
RHAPSODY in Glue!