Subject: [spfbis] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC7208 (4001)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2014 12:07:25 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC7208, "Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=7208&eid=4001

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Technical

Reported by: Jimmy Xu <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-05-27
Held by: Pete Resnick (IESG)

Section: A.4

Original Text
-------------
   example.com.           SPF  ( "v=spf1 "
                                 "-include:ip4._spf.%{d} "
                                 "-include:ptr._spf.%{d} "
                                 "+all" )
   ip4._spf.example.com.  SPF  "v=spf1 -ip4:192.0.2.0/24 +all"
   ptr._spf.example.com.  SPF  "v=spf1 -ptr +all"

Corrected Text
--------------
   example.com.           TXT  ( "v=spf1 "
                                 "-include:ip4._spf.%{d} "
                                 "-include:ptr._spf.%{d} "
                                 "+all" )
   ip4._spf.example.com.  TXT  "v=spf1 -ip4:192.0.2.0/24 +all"
   ptr._spf.example.com.  TXT  "v=spf1 -ptr +all"

Notes
-----
According to Section 14.1 and Appendix B, the use of DNS RR type SPF (99) has been removed from the protocol.

--------------------------------------
RFC7208 (draft-ietf-spfbis-4408bis-21)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Sender Policy Framework (SPF) for Authorizing Use of Domains in Email, Version 1
Publication Date    : April 2014
Author(s)           : S. Kitterman
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : SPF Update
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG