Subject: Plan for the Draft on Current Practices

From: Hui-Lan Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:53:50 -0500

Members of SPIRITS WG:

First, best wishes for the New Year!

As discussed at the SPIRITS meeting, we plan to issue an implementation draft. 
I would like to start the work as soon as possible so that we can have a draft
by the end of February. 

As we did before, I suggest that for now we all start with individual drafts
reflecting the outline below. This outline is, of course, subject to corrections
introduced in a discussion. Please comment on it.

Working with the authors of individual drafts submitted to SPIRITS before
FEBRUARY 14 (please note the date!), I plan to create the first version of the
final I-D and submit it by March 1.

Meanwhile, please let me know if you plan to co-author the future Informational
RFC.

Best regards,
Hui-Lan Lu

OUTLINE

"On pre-Spirits Implementations of PSTN-initiated services: description and
conclusions for the future"

1. Introduction

        What types of services these are
        Who implemented them and why
        What this document contains

2. Services

<Here follow detailed services' description as relevant to multiple
implementaitons. The editor will try to infer and develop consensus, if
applicable, on generic descriptions of same services.>

3. Architectures and Protocols

<This includes all relevant architectures and protocols submitted in individual
drafts>

4. Conclusion

<A description of what has been achieved, possibly augmented by a common
architectural view.>