Subject: Appointment of SPIRITS Documents Editors

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:06:06 -0500

Group,

According to our charter, our near term goals are:

Produce an Informational RFC that describes current practices and
pre-SPIRITS implementations.
Produce an Informational RFC on the overall architecture of SPIRITS
services.

I am happy to announce recent appointment of Hui-Lan Lu as SPIRITS
Implementation Document editor and Lev Slutsman as SPIRITS Architecture
Document editor.

We know Hui-Lan and Lev for their contributions for PINT, IPTEL, MEGACO
and other IETF WGs, as well as their work in ITU. Hui-Lan and Lev are
recognized in the industry for their high professionalism and even more
for the ability to create consensus.
Congratulations, Hui-Lan and Lev!

On the other note, I would like to point everyone's attention to the new
and re-posted SPIRITS I-Ds:

NEC contribution on pre-Spirits ICW implementations
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ago-spirits-icw-00.txt

Toward Definition of the Protocol for PSTN-initiated Services Supported
by PSTN/Internet Interworking
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-protocol-00.txt

On a pre-SPIRITS Implementation in the Lucent Technologies Online
Communications Center
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-lucentocc-00.txt

Other implementation I-D's are to follow.

Regards,
Alec Brusilovsky