Subject: RE: Draft on Spirits Architecture

From: "David Shrader" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 23:06:45 -0500

Igor,

I agree that the work MUST be done on the mailing list. That does NOT,
however, mean that ALL contributions must be handled as individual drafts.
That is an archaic ITU ritual that is not required in IETF and can simply be
handled as emails with the editing team that volunteered (Lev, Lawrence, and
myself) handling the incorporation of the comments. This worked successfully
in the PINT group for the PINT protocol and can work successfully here. Of
course, any individual can submit their input in the form of an I-D, but I
do not think that is necessary. Commenting to the list should be sufficient.

For the BCP RFC that the group is also writing, it makes a lot more sense to
use the separate I-D approach since each of the differnet implementations in
practice can be standalone documents that are for the most part merged in
the resultant RFC.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Igor Faynberg [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2000 10:56 AM
To: David Shrader
Subject: Re: Draft on Spirits Architecture

David,

I did not see your outline (naturally, because you have NOT submitted it to
the
list).  The IETF work, however, MUST be done on the list, so I strongly
support
Lev's suggestion to work out of submissions as individual drafts.

As we discuss these drafts, it will be  clear who contributed what and what
was
(or was not) agreed on.

Fair and square!  Viva Lev!

Igor

Very little time is left

> David Shrader wrote:
>
> In Lev's email regarding the spirits architecture work, he referred to an
> outline of mine. I realized that I didn't send it to the list yet. I've
> attached an initial draft for the architecture document. This document has
> been submitted as an I-D. Rather than having everyone submit full drafts
as
> proposed by Lev, I propose that we start with my document and have people
> submit items to insert into it and to provide comments on it. This
approach
> will reduce overlapping work for individual submissions and hopefully
allow us
> to produce a better draft prior to Adelaide.
>
> The document is also available at
http://EyeForTheFuture.com/internet-drafts.
>
>
> David Shrader
> Master Consultant, Inc.
> [email-masked]
>
>
>
>                                         Name:
draft-shrader-spirits-arch-00.txt
>    draft-shrader-spirits-arch-00.txt    Type: Plain Text (text/plain)
>                                     Encoding: quoted-printable

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 22:14:02 -0500 (EST)

> I submitted my document to 
> [email-masked] a couple of days ago. 

if it does not pop out by monday then something is wrong

Scott

---