Subject: New I-D draft-canal-p909-pint-spirits-00.txt

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 15:22:57 -0600

SPIRITS WG participants,

There is a new I-D addressed to both PINT and SPIRITS. It can be found at:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-canal-p909-pint-spirits-00.txt

Abstract 
   
   This  document  is  intended  to  provide  input  to the IETF SPIRITS
   Working Group(SPIRITS WG) and to the IETF PINT  Working  Group  (PINT
   WG)  from  the  viewpoint  of  European  network  operators  that are
   involved in EURESCOM  P909  Project  "Enabling  Technologies  for  IN
   Evolution and IN-Internet Integration". The input is based on current 
   results that were achieved in the project.  As the project title says 
   P909 project  deals with IN-Internet integration issues.  The project
   has defined an architecture for IN-Internet inte gration and  it  has
   selected  and  described  some  IN-Internet  services  which  can  be
   interesting from the business perspective and  challenging  from  the
   technical perspective.  
   Some  of  these  services  are "officially" chartered in IETF: ICW in
   SPIRITS,  Click-to-Dial  (Request  to  Call)  as  well  as   proposed
   Conference Service in PINT. However, there are additional IN-Internet 
   convergence  services that P909 studies and that are included in this
   document only as examples.  
   Selected services can help  in  defining  requirements  both  in  the
   context  of  how  services  supported  by  IP network entities can be
   started from IN  (Intelligent  Network)  requests  and  how  Internet
   applications  can  request and enrich PSTN (Public Switched Telephone
   Network) telephony services.  
   In section 2 and 3 of this  Internet  Draft  you  find  some  general
   information on   EURESCOM  and  P909  project.    Section  4  briefly
   introduces  some  of  the  services  P909  has  selected,  section  5
   describes for some services why there is a need to notify entities in 
   the  Internet  from  PSTN/Intelligent  Networks  domain  in  order to
   provide the requested service features.    Section  6  describes  the
   service  requirements  for scenarios where the PSTN telephony service
   is requested from Internet.  
   Sections 7, 8 and 9  respectively  address  security  considerations,
   supply  references, and provide the authors addresses, as required by
   [1].  
   Section 10  acknowledges  individuals  providing  assistance  in  the
   creation of this document, and, finally, Section 11 provides Glossary 
   of terms.  

Regards,
Alec Brusilovsky