Subject: Re: [SPIRITS] WG Last Call annoncement - Pre-SPIRITS Current Practice Document

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 12:18:14 +0200

Hi all,

First of all, I would like to thank all who had contributed to the
Pre-SPIRITS Current Practice
Document. I appreciate your effort sharing your experiences and ideas.

I have some comments regarding the Korea Telecom's ICW Implementation.
While it is
very detailled, which helps the reader to understand the service, I think
the presented
SIP/INAP flows need further refinement.

I am not an SIP expert myself, but I can see some errors in the flows (it
may be I do not
understand them properly), like:

- wrong Cseq values,
- wrong "To" and "Via" fields in some methods,
- sending BYE methods after the connection to the internet has been
released
(in the flow where the call is accepted),
- extra BYE in the forwarded call flows where no "200, OK" was sent,
- some others (like ACK or 200,OK missing in some flows).

By the way, I have not seen anything from PINT being used ("standard" SIP
is used
instead). Is there anything from PINT protocol used?.

In regards to the INAP operations, I would suggest that they are completed.
For example:

- when it is indicated that an announcement is played, a CTR and a PA could
be added,
- before connecting the call to the destination, the announcement needs to
be stopped
(a DFC could be used for that),
- to detect a ERB a RRBE needs to be sent in advance. It would also nice to
know the
events to be monitored.

I must stress that the problems I have found in the flows are not essential
to understand
the ICW architecture presented (in fact the flows are helpful). However, I
think that
they should be correct so that anybody reading the document does not get
confused.

If you think it can be helpful, I can send a detailled list of the issues I
have. Please feel
free to contact me.

Regards,

Jorge Gato
IN & Switching Evolution
Airtel Movil
Spain

Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>@lists.bell-labs.com con fecha
16/05/2000 14:04:02

Por favor, responda a [email-masked]

Enviado por:   [email-masked]

Asunto:   [SPIRITS] WG Last Call annoncement - Pre-SPIRITS Current Practice
          Document

Dear Good Spirited listmates,

The newly published I-D, that can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-implementations-00.txt

is a candidate for the Pre-SPIRITS Current Practice Informational RFC.

Both Steve and I are encouraging online discussion of this document.

Current Last call status is valid through June 14. After that date and
upon reaching consensus, the resulting document will be submitted to
IESG.

Congratulations to the team of authors led by Hui-Lan Lu for the job
well done!

Regards,
Alec

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits

---

From: 황진경 <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2000 21:45:15 +0900

Thank you Mr. Jorge Gato for your kind comments.

I agree that some parts of it (Via, Cseq) are not clearly described, and I will
fix and resend it to the editor ( thank you again, editors).

But your mention of BYE, I think it is not sent to the disconnected Internet user
but to ICW server from SCGF for recording call completion results.
And the other regard of BYE, we change original definition of BYE and add a
function to deliver the call processing results on its body. It's one of our
intention that there may(should ?) be some changes for this 'call results
delivery mechanism' in the SPIRITS protocol. (I am not sure that the
SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY can do that or not.)

As for the reference of PINT protocol, we implemented PINT protocols that have
usage of telephone specific SDP body and SUBSCRIBE/NOTIFY for Click-To-Dial
service, and apply it to the ICW implementation. So I refer it PINT. Please
comment about this term.

And other parts of INAP operations, detailed SIP messages were omitted for
highlighting only the Interworking part.

If you have further comments on it, please give us it for the original document
to be updated before June as Alec mentioned.

Thank you again Mr. Gato for the considerations.

Best regards,

Jinkyung Hwang
Korea Telecom