Subject: Re: [SPIRITS] Minor modifications to Joined PINT-SPIRITS architecture

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:26:36 +0200

I agree with the PINT-SPIRITS architecture as finally presented by  Lev
(good job!).

My only comment is that all references to Intelligent Network in his email
are based on AIN, while in Europe we use ETSI Core INAP CS1. Although the
comments made in regards to AIN also apply to CS1, I think that a reference
to CS1 terminology would help people in Europe to have a better
understanding.

The differences are:

1) TAT (Terminating Attempt Trigger) is known as Terminating Attempt
Authorised (DP12) in CS1.
2) In CS1, when a DP12 (TAT in AIN) is detected,  there is also no standard
field to send the CNAME in the InitialDP (sent from the SSP). However a
"standard" extension field could be used for this purpose.

Regards,

Jorge Gató
Airtel Móvil

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits

---

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2000 10:01:53 -0500

Jorge,

Very good comment! We already had a conversation with Lev and decided to focus
on ITU-T INAP for precisely the same reasons that you outlined.

Regards,
Alec