Subject: Re: [SPIRITS] On Joint PINT/SPIRITS Architecture

From: "Jane Humphrey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 08:36:13 +0100

Igor and Lev

I am having a little difficulty in reading your emails due to the fact that my
email system has scrambled your diagrams (removal of spaces etc).  As a piece of
abstract art the diagrams demonstrates an interesting use of lines and text but
lacks a little colour however, as a network architecture diagram this scattered
approach is useless!  Please could you provide the diagrams in a more user
friendly form (e.g. an attachment to the email so that the email system cannot
change it).

Regards

Jane Humphrey
Marconi Communications

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits

---

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 22:11:33 -0500

Jane,

That might be a quite persistent problem (or feature, if you wish) of this exploder.
To prevent long attachments to bog down the network it is being configured to
disallow them.
BTW, I-Ds have to have pictures in ASCII as well. As much as I would like to see
something more expressive, it looks that we will have to stick with "interesting use
of lines and text".
We have the following choices:
1. Ask Igor and Lev to forward you something more descriptive (PostScript is
approved to use for pictures to accompany I-Ds)
2. Ask Tom Limoncelli, our Admin., for any ideas regarding attachments on this list.

3. Try to work with your local mail server administrator.
4. If #3 does not work, sign for any free mail address, @yahoo, @hotbot, etc. and
read SPIRITS mail there.
5. Access SPIRITS messages from our archive.

Hope this helps,
Alec