Subject: [SPIRITS] New I-Ds

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:23:54 -0500

Group,

There are several recent quite interesting I-Ds that just surfaced in
the IETF I-D archive. The links to them are listed below in no
particular order:

SPIRITS Architecture
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-slutsman-spirits-architecture-00.txt

IN- and PINT-related Requirements for SPIRITS Protocol
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-faynberg-spirits-inpintreqs-00.txt

A SPIRITS solution based on virtual SIP user agents
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bjorkner-spirits-vsua-00.txt

A proposal for the provisioning of Call Completion Internet Busy using
PINT and SPIRITS
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-buller-spirits-ccib-00.txt

I am aware of other I-Ds being submitted prior to the deadline of 7/14
and can only guess that they will surface later.

Regards,
Alec

---

From: Hui-Lan Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:41:48 -0400

Alec,

You missed the revised pre-SPIRITS implementation draft at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-implementations-01.txt.

Hui-Lan

Alec Brusilovsky wrote:
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>                           Name: abrusilovsky.vcf
>    abrusilovsky.vcf       Type: VCard (text/x-vcard)
>                       Encoding: 7bit
>                    Description: Card for Alec Brusilovsky

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits

---

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 14:52:11 -0500

Another one just surfaced:

Pre-Spirits Implementations of PSTN-initiated Services
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-spirits-implementations-01.txt

-Alec

---

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:09:43 -0500

Hui-Lan,

My sincerest apologies! No harm intended. Thanks for the correction.

-Alec

---

From: "Marat Nourmiev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 10:33:31 +0400

Hi all,

My apologize for meddling.
Could anyone explain me how related SPIRITS's I-Ds with each other?
Is *draft-slutsman-spirits-architecture-00* root of SPIRITS development?
Is *draft-ietf-spirits-protocol-00* the protocol baseline text?
If I am right, why the Figure 1 of its is incompatible?

Regards,
Marat Nourmiev

----- Original Message -----
From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
To: SPIRITS list <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2000 11:23 PM
Subject: [SPIRITS] New I-Ds

> the IETF I-D archive. The links to them are listed below in no
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-slutsman-spirits-architecture-00.t
xt

---

From: Hui-Lan Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:25:51 -0400

> If I am right, why the Figure 1 of its is incompatible?

I believe requirements (such as described in
draft-faynberg-spirits-inpintreqs-00.txt) will drive the development of
the  SPIRITS architecture and protocol.
draft-slutsman-spirits-architecture-00 is the first cut of the
architecture. After we agree on the requirements and architecture, the
protocol should emerge. Your observation about the discrepancy is
absolutely correct. The reason for it is that
draft-ietf-spirits-protocol-00 is an old draft published long before we
had our discussions on requirements. Based on our discussions in the
near future, we need to either update the draft or incorporate the
useful parts into the new protocol document.

Hui-Lan Lu

---

From: Alec Brusilovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 16:20:59 -0500

Here is another interesting one:

Dynamic Call Screening Using a WAP Interface
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reid-wapdcs-00.txt

I know that there is one submitted by Lawrence Conroy and Jim Buller. It will
surface soon.

Regards,
Alec