Subject: Re: [SPIRITS] WG Last Call Announcement - Architecture Document

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:41:33 +0100

Hi,

I think that Dave's comments about the architecture is right if we just
focus on the milestone services.

However, I think that SPIRITS can be used for more services. One example
could be to apply SPIRITS to one existing service: a web based Call Centre.
A web pop up window can be displayed in the PC of a call centre assistant
so that (s)he can take a decision about each incoming call (e.g. redirect
the call to the desired extension, take the call for assistance, reject the
call). This service would apply to subscribers with several phone lines or
not using a dial-up access.

Therefore, I would not be very specific in regards to the SPIRITS
architecture and would leave it as it is.

Best Regards,

Jorge Gató

>Dave's Suggestion -
>
>In the July version of the acrchitecture paper there where a number of
assumptions made in section 2 the first of >which stated that : "The
service subscriber has a single telephone line and a PC, which may be via a
modem connected >to an ISP, using the same telephone line".  This
assumption should be retained because it is the only real explanation >of
why a service subscriber needs to use the SPIRITS services because internet
users with more than one phone line or >who do not use dial-up access will
not hit the problems that SPIRITS can solve.

_______________________________________________
SPIRITS mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/spirits

---

From: Igor Faynberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:07:28 -0500

Maybe we could accomodate both Dave and Jorge by explaining that a
single-line nuance applies to the milestone services, but is not
essential to others?

Igor