Subject: [spring] New drafts from SRCOMP design team

From: "Weiqiang Cheng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 01:23:33 +0800

Hi All,

Two drafts have been submitted.  Please review them and any comments are
welcomed.

Compression requirement draft -04 version provided two more requirements: 

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-srcompdt-spring-compression-requiremen
t-04.txt

Compression analysis draft -00 provided a skeleton for the analysis of 4
candidate proposals.

https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-srcompdt-spring-compression-analysis-0
0.txt

B.R.

Weiqiang

---

From: Rishabh Parekh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 09:50:02 -0800

Weiqiang,
Text quoted below from the SPRING charter indirectly covers
Point-to-Multipoint requirement which is addressed by SR Replication
Segment draft
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-sr-replication-segment/

New types of segments mapping to forwarding behaviour (e.g., local
ingress replication, local forwarding resources, a pre-existing
replication structure) if needed for new usages.

For the Point-to-Multipoint compression requirement, what exactly is
"multicast address" in the Metric? Is this an IPv6 multicast address? If
so, it really does not conform to SRv6 data plane.

I would rather consider the SRv6 Replication SID, described in the latest
version of SR Replication segment draft, to be the Metric for measuring
P2MP requirement. Maybe we should also consider adding it to SRv6
Functionality Section 4.2.1 of the compression requirements draft.

-Rishabh

On Thu, Feb 25, 2021 at 9:25 AM Weiqiang Cheng <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-srcompdt-spring-compression-requirement-04.txt
>
>
>
> https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-srcompdt-spring-compression-analysis-00.txt
>
>
>
> B.R.
>
> Weiqiang
> _______________________________________________
> spring mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring
>