Subject: [spring] Re： WG Adoption call forhttps://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/

From: zhen han <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2021 17:18:53 +0800

Hi WG，

CSID is recommended by the DT after wide and long discussions, it could
provide best compression efficiency and is based on SRv6 data plane.
Regarding the concerns，interop was done to prove it is a single data-plane
based solution.

After checking the draft, according to my understandings shown below：

   - CSID is ready to serve as the basis for the SRv6 compression solution；
   - CSID is an SRv6 dataplane solution，so it is coherent with one data
   plane solution objective；
   - CSID meets SRv6 compression requirements.

I think the draft is good enough now.

So，I support the adoption of this document，and also look forward to the
next step .

Best Regards，
Zhen HAN (Fiberhome)

在 2021年10月1日 22:04，James Guichard<[email-masked]> 写道：

Dear WG:

The chairs would like to express their appreciation for all the responses
received to our emails with reference to how the working group wishes to
move forward with respect to a solution for SRv6 compression.

The apparent inclination of the working group is to use
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/
as the basis for its compression standardization work. That is part of what
this email attempts to confirm.

Because of the above the chairs would like to issue a 2-week WG call for
adoption ending October 15th for
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/
but with some clear guidelines as follows. By expressing support for
adoption of this document you are fully aware of and are acknowledging
that:

   1. The SPRING working group is adopting a document that has multiple
   SRv6 Endpoint behaviors.
   2. The document is a “living” document; it may change as it goes through
   review and analysis by the SPRING working group.
   3. All open discussion points raised on our mailing list MUST be
   addressed BEFORE said document is allowed to progress from the working
   group to publication. A list of these discussion points will be documented
   in the WG document and maintained by the document editor in conjunction
   with the chairs.
   4. If this document is adopted by the working group, the chairs specify
   as part of the adoption call that the following text describing an open
   issue be added to the document in the above-described open issues section:
      - "Given that the working group has said that it wants to standardize
      one data plane solution, and given that the document contains
multiple SRv6
      EndPoint behaviors that some WG members have stated are multiple
data plane
      solutions, the working group will address whether this is valid and
      coherent with its one data plane solution objective.".

Please consider the above guidelines as you decide on whether to support or
not this WG adoption. Please express clearly your reasoning for
support/non-support as well as any open discussion points you would like
addressed should the document be adopted into the working group.

Thanks!

Jim, Bruno & Joel