Subject: Re: [spring] WG Adoption call for https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/

From: Shay Zadok <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 11:48:20 +0300

Dear WG,

We would like to update on the production support by the StrataDNX
products of both flavors REPLACE and NEXT as defined in CSID draft, as well
as non-compressed "Classic" SRv6.
StrataDNX products include:
Jericho2/Jericho2c/Qumran2c/Qumran2a/Qumran2u/Qumran2n/Jericho2c+ and any
future device

This support keeps:
1. Single and unified data-plane uCode, programmed using high level language
2. Single data-plane API
3. Concurrent/Simultaneous support of all three techniques based on a
per-packet behavior
4. Concurrent/Simultaneous support of all three techniques inside of the
same SRv6 Header
5. In all three techniques the following is already supported
concurrently/simultaneously
and in production
    1. SRv6 main behaviors - compliant with *rfc8986*
    2. SRv6 insert behaviors - compliant with *draft-srv6-net-pgm-insertion*
    3. SRv6 midpoint protection behaviors - compliant with
*draft-midpoint-protection*

All of the above is in production deployment in various published and
unpublished networks around the globe.
Our products are used by industry leading OEM (some of them published they
are using the StrataDNX products) and "pure" NOS vendors.

BRCM using Jericho2 participated in couple of interops that included some
mix of REPLACE-CSID, NEXT-CSID and non-compressed "Classic" SRv6 - and all
interops have ended successfully

Thanks & Regards,
Shay

*发件人:* spring [mailto:[email-masked]] *代表 *James Guichard
*发送时间:* 2021年10月1日 22:05
*收件人:* SPRING WG <[email-masked]>
*抄送:* [email-masked]
*主题:* [spring] WG Adoption call for
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/

Dear WG:

The chairs would like to express their appreciation for all the responses
received to our emails with reference to how the working group wishes to
move forward with respect to a solution for SRv6 compression.

The apparent inclination of the working group is to use
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/
as
the basis for its compression standardization work. That is part of what
this email attempts to confirm.

Because of the above the chairs would like to issue a 2-week WG call for
adoption ending October 15th for
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/
but
with some clear guidelines as follows. By expressing support for adoption
of this document you are fully aware of and are acknowledging that:

   1. The SPRING working group is adopting a document that has multiple
   SRv6 Endpoint behaviors.
   2. The document is a “living” document; it may change as it goes through
   review and analysis by the SPRING working group.
   3. All open discussion points raised on our mailing list MUST be
   addressed BEFORE said document is allowed to progress from the working
   group to publication. A list of these discussion points will be documented
   in the WG document and maintained by the document editor in conjunction
   with the chairs.
   4. If this document is adopted by the working group, the chairs specify
   as part of the adoption call that the following text describing an open
   issue be added to the document in the above-described open issues section:

   - "Given that the working group has said that it wants to standardize
      one data plane solution, and given that the document contains
multiple SRv6
      EndPoint behaviors that some WG members have stated are multiple
data plane
      solutions, the working group will address whether this is valid and
      coherent with its one data plane solution objective.".

Please consider the above guidelines as you decide on whether to support or
not this WG adoption. Please express clearly your reasoning for
support/non-support as well as any open discussion points you would like
addressed should the document be adopted into the working group.

Thanks!

Jim, Bruno & Joel

-- 
This electronic communication and the information and any files transmitted 
with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended solely for 
the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain 
information that is confidential, legally privileged, protected by privacy 
laws, or otherwise restricted from disclosure to anyone else. If you are 
not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the 
e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, 
copying, distributing, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of 
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you received this e-mail in error, 
please return the e-mail to the sender, delete it from your computer, and 
destroy any printed copy of it.

---

From: Kalyani Rajaraman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 20:02:26 -0500

Dear WG,

I support the adoption of draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression.

We, at Arrcus have implemented CSID solution on the following hardware
Products:

      Arrcus Quanta (IXAE, IXA) Broadcom Jericho-2 based platforms.
      Arrcus Edgecore (AS7962) Jericho-2 based platforms.

Thanks,
Kalyani

On Thu, Oct 14, 2021 at 3:49 AM Shay Zadok <shay.zadok=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> 5. In all three techniques the following is already supported concurrently/simultaneously
> and in production
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/ as
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/ but
>    2. The document is a “living” document; it may change as it goes
>    through review and analysis by the SPRING working group.
>    4. If this document is adopted by the working group, the chairs
>    specify as part of the adoption call that the following text describing an
>    open issue be added to the document in the above-described open issues
>    section:
>
>
>       one data plane solution, and given that the document contains multiple SRv6
>       EndPoint behaviors that some WG members have stated are multiple data plane
> Please consider the above guidelines as you decide on whether to support
> or not this WG adoption. Please express clearly your reasoning for
> This electronic communication and the information and any files
> transmitted with it, or attached to it, are confidential and are intended
> solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and
> may contain information that is confidential, legally privileged, protected
> by privacy laws, or otherwise restricted from disclosure to anyone else. If
> you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering
> the e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
> _______________________________________________
> spring mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring
>