Subject: [spring] Re： WG Adoption call for draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression

From: ximin dong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 09:45:19 +0800

Hi WG，

           After many interop and efficiency tests in our lab, I have to
say that CSID recommended by draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/
is a good solution for the deployment of SRv6. Our judgements came frome
the following aspects:

   - Under the circumstances of large deployment, even with heavy load in
   MAN, the mentioned solution, CSID,  proved to be working at high
   efficiency which is actually quite beyond our expectations;
   - From the perspective of packet forwarding,  it is coherent with data
   plane  objectives and could interop well with other IPv6 deployments;
   - CSID can meets all requirements derived from  SRv6 header compression.

Based on those facts, I really appreciate that the recommended CSID should
be used as the candidate standard for SRv6 header compression, and we are
looking forward to the early consent of it as a standard，thus  the adoption
as a WG document should be done ASAP.

Best Regards，
Calvin Dong

在 2021年10月1日 22:04，James Guichard<[email-masked]> 写道：

Dear WG:

The chairs would like to express their appreciation for all the responses
received to our emails with reference to how the working group wishes to
move forward with respect to a solution for SRv6 compression.

The apparent inclination of the working group is to use
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/
as
the basis for its compression standardization work. That is part of what
this email attempts to confirm.

Because of the above the chairs would like to issue a 2-week WG call for
adoption ending October 15th for
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression/
but
with some clear guidelines as follows. By expressing support for adoption
of this document you are fully aware of and are acknowledging that:

   1. The SPRING working group is adopting a document that has multiple
   SRv6 Endpoint behaviors.
   2. The document is a “living” document; it may change as it goes through
   review and analysis by the SPRING working group.
   3. All open discussion points raised on our mailing list MUST be
   addressed BEFORE said document is allowed to progress from the working
   group to publication. A list of these discussion points will be documented
   in the WG document and maintained by the document editor in conjunction
   with the chairs.
   4. If this document is adopted by the working group, the chairs specify
   as part of the adoption call that the following text describing an open
   issue be added to the document in the above-described open issues section:
      - "Given that the working group has said that it wants to standardize
      one data plane solution, and given that the document contains
multiple SRv6
      EndPoint behaviors that some WG members have stated are multiple
data plane
      solutions, the working group will address whether this is valid and
      coherent with its one data plane solution objective.".

Please consider the above guidelines as you decide on whether to support or
not this WG adoption. Please express clearly your reasoning for
support/non-support as well as any open discussion points you would like
addressed should the document be adopted into the working group.

Thanks!

Jim, Bruno & Joel

------------------------------
董喜明

烽火通信科技股份有限公司 网络产出线 预研部
湖北省武汉市东湖新技术开发区高新四路6号
手机：+86-13871232900
E-mail： [email-masked]
http://www.fiberhome.com/

-------------------------------------
Calvin Dong

Network Business Unit，Fiberhome Telecommunication Technologies Co.,LTD.
Addr: No.6, Gaoxinsilu, East Lake High-tech Development Zone, Wuhan, Hubei
Mobile: +86-13871232900
E-mail：[email-masked]
http://www.fiberhome.com/