Subject: [spring] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand-10.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2021 16:58:09 -0700

Dear All,
the update in this version describes the benefits of using BFD for
multipoint networks (RFCs 8562 and 8563) over p2p MPLS LSP. Because RFC
8562 updated the BFD state machine, actors avoid the Init state and do not
use the three-way handshake to advance the BFD session to the Up state.
Thus, the value of My Discriminator, used by MultipointTail do demultiplex
BFD sessions, must be provisioned by other means, e.g., using an extension
to an IGP protocol. An unsolicited notification from a MultipointTail that
detected failure of the BFD session to the MultipointHead can be used as
described in the draft.

Your comments, questions, and suggestions are welcome.
I ask for consideration of adopting this document. It describes a new
mechanism (complementary to RFC 5884) that can be used to detect failures
in MPLS and SR-MPLS networks.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 4:44 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand-10.txt
To: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand-10.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand
Revision:       10
Title:          BFD in Demand Mode over Point-to-Point MPLS LSP
Document date:  2021-10-01
Group:          bfd
Pages:          6
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand-10.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand/
Html:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand-10.html
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-bfd-mpls-demand-10

Abstract:
   This document describes procedures for using Bidirectional Forwarding
   Detection (BFD) in Demand mode to detect data plane failures in
   Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) point-to-point Label Switched
   Paths.

The IETF Secretariat