Subject: [spring] Update on merging draft-hegde-spring-mpls-seamless-sr and draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car-problem-statement

From: Shraddha Hegde <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2022 17:36:58 +0000

WG,

Folks may remember that the draft-hegde-spring-mpls-seamless-sr and
 draft-dskc-bess-bgp-car-problem-statement have been presented in Spring wg
 session in IETF 110. Given the documents have many things in common,
 the Spring wg chairs advised the authors of both documents to collaborate
 and provide a common document
 describing the requirements for inter-domain intent-aware routing solution.

Thanks to Jim Uttaro for initiating the collaboration in January 2021
between the authors. Both the authors have been meeting regularly since
June 2021 and thanks to Joel Halpern for joining these meetings.
We have made some progress, agreeing to certain sections of the document.
Few more sections of the document are pending review and both authors agree
to produce the first version of the document ready for WG review.

Here is an update on the progress made
so far and will continue to provide frequent update as we make progress.
We are hopeful to publish the 00 version of the document for IETF 113.

The authors have agreed on the following sections of the common document.
1.           Typical large-scale network deployment scenarios
2.           Use cases for Inter-domain intent-aware routing
3.           Deployment use cases
4.           Transport intent requirements

The authors are in discussion on the following sections of the common document.
1.           Name of the document
2.           Table of Contents
3.           Deployment requirements
4.           Architecture requirements
5.           Traffic Steering requirements
6.           Scaling requirements

The authors are yet to discuss on the following sections of the common document.
1.           OAM requirements
2.           Network Availability requirements
3.           Service intent requirements

Rgds
Shraddha