Subject: [spring] Zaheduzzaman Sarker's No Objection on draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy-17: (with COMMENT)

From: Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2022 11:26:47 -0800

Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy-17: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the efforts on this specification.

This might be due to my lack of expertise on SR policy but it is not clear to
me how to resolve policy conflicts where preferences and priority are same for
policies. It would be nice if you point me information I am missing as I could
not resolve it by reading this specification. This might be that the scenario I
am having in mind never occurs.

---

From: Ketan Talaulikar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:23:19 +0530

Hi Zaheduzzaman,

Thanks for your review and please check inline below for response.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-policy/

KT> I am not sure if I understand what you mean by policy conflicts. An SR
Policy is used to realize a segment routed path through a network. As such,
I am unable to understand the nature of a conflict that could arise between
paths in the network. When you refer to preferences, perhaps you are
referring to the active candidate path selection criteria that are
specified in section 2.9? Some illustrations of this selection process are
described in
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-filsfils-spring-sr-policy-considerations-08#section-4
which might help.

KT> It is quite possible that I've misunderstood your comment completely;
in which case, please do clarify.

Thanks,
Ketan