Subject: [spring] Requesting comments on draft-krishnan-6man-sids-00.txt

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 23:35:43 -0500

Hi all,
  As discussed during the IETF112 6man working group meeting I have written a short draft that describes the characteristics of SRv6 SIDs and attempts to clarify the relationship of SRv6 SIDs to the IPv6 Addressing Architecture [RFC4291]. Comments are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Text: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-krishnan-6man-sids-00.txt <https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-krishnan-6man-sids-00.txt>
Html: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-krishnan-6man-sids <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-krishnan-6man-sids>

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: Erik Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 22:34:48 -0800

Thanks Suresh!

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 20:36 Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>   As discussed during the IETF112 6man working group meeting I have
> written a short draft that describes the characteristics of SRv6 SIDs and
> attempts to clarify the relationship of SRv6 SIDs to the IPv6 Addressing
> Architecture [RFC4291]. Comments are welcome and greatly appreciated.
>
> Text: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-krishnan-6man-sids-00.txt
> Html: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-krishnan-6man-sids
>
> Thanks
> Suresh
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
> [email-masked]
> Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 10:44:39 -0500

As you can see, Suresh has published an Internet Draft about SRv6 SIDs.

As described in 
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/VjVIxo7fZFhsIHJ5wFQXIBvvtNM/ which 
concluded the adoption call on 
draft-filsfilscheng-spring-srv6-srh-compression, we can now move on to 
the next steps.

Authors, please submit draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression with the 
content being what was presented to the WG, with the changes called for 
in the conclusion message above.

I will be creating the issue tracker, and seeding it with the two issues 
called out for identification in the draft.

I look forward to working group discussion of the draft.  I will do my 
best to identify and record specific issues.  Participants are welcome 
to create issues directly in the issue tracker.  When you do so, please 
also send the issue to the list as a basis for on list discussion. 
Similarly, if you choose to put a comment in the issue tracker, please 
also make sure your comment goes to the list.

Note that changing the status of issues is a chair responsibility.  I 
will do my best to do so promptly.

Yours,
Joel

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[spring] Requesting comments on draft-krishnan-6man-sids-00.txt
Date: 	Thu, 10 Feb 2022 23:35:43 -0500
From: 	Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
To: 	IPv6 List <[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked]

Hi all,
    As discussed during the IETF112 6man working group meeting I have 
written a short draft that describes the characteristics of SRv6 SIDs 
and attempts to clarify the relationship of SRv6 SIDs to the IPv6 
Addressing Architecture [RFC4291]. Comments are welcome and greatly 
appreciated.

Text: https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-krishnan-6man-sids-00.txt 
<https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-krishnan-6man-sids-00.txt>
Html: https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-krishnan-6man-sids 
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-krishnan-6man-sids>

Thanks
Suresh

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2022 13:19:13 -0500

The authors have submitted the draft, and I have approved it to become a 
working group draft:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression-00

The issue tracker is also up, and has the two issues copied from the 
email.  I did add a reference to Suresh's draft in the second issue.

https://github.com/JoelHalpern/draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression/issues

Yours,
Joel

PS: Looking at this, it seems to have put the repository in the wrong 
place.   If someone can help me fix that, or tell me what I did wrong so 
that I recreate it in the spring tree, I would be grateful.  It is not 
supposed to be in my personal github space.

On 2/11/2022 10:44 AM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> spring mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2022 09:31:06 -0500

With thanks to the secretariat for fixing a permissions problem, and 
Dhruv for telling me how to move the repository, the issue tracker is 
now properly in the wg repository:

https://github.com/ietf-wg-spring/draft-ietf-spring-srv6-srh-compression

Thank you,
Joel

On 2/11/2022 1:19 PM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
>> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/VjVIxo7fZFhsIHJ5wFQXIBvvtNM/ 
>> which concluded the adoption call on 
>> content being what was presented to the WG, with the changes called 
>> for in the conclusion message above.
>>
>> I will be creating the issue tracker, and seeding it with the two 
>> issues called out for identification in the draft.
>>
>> to create issues directly in the issue tracker.  When you do so, 
>> please also send the issue to the list as a basis for on list 
>> discussion. Similarly, if you choose to put a comment in the issue 
>> tracker, please also make sure your comment goes to the list.
>>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 08:48:11 +1300

I find this draft useful and its suggestion of a dedicated prefix would
clear up some ambiguity. I think it would need to be standards track to
make that prefix assignment. I think section 4.1 "Open Issues to be Addressed
with C-SIDs" needs to be actioned by SPRING so that it can be removed from
this draft. Similarly, I don't think section 4.2 would really belong in
the final version.

Regards
    Brian Carpenter