Subject: licensing of SSM

From: "Hal Sandick" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:55:36 -0400

The issue was raised that Apple has a patent that applies to SSM.  What
is the appropriate way to proceed with this?  As a a vendor I'm
concerned about advancing a standard where licensing issues are
unresolved.

Thanks.

Regards,

Hal

---

From: "David R. Oran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 14:07:45 -0400

Ask Apple to put an IPR disclosure on the IETF web site. That's the first
step.
If they fail to do so then we just proceed and document that they were
asked.

IPR holders are in general responsible for notifying people, if they don't
this can weigh against them in future disputes.

Scott Bradner may wish to comment, contradict me, or refer you to the ISOC
legal beagles.

Dave.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hal Sandick [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, August 07, 2000 1:56 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: Rob Coltun; David Oran
> Subject: licensing of SSM
>
>