Subject: [ssm] draft-ietf-ssm-arch last call changes summary

From: Hugh Holbrook <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 05:10:35 -0500 (EST)

I am about to submit a new version of draft-ietf-ssm-arch to the I-D
archives.  I've attached a list of the changes in the upcoming
version, with the source of the request.  I believe this new revision
addresses all of the comments that came up during the wg last call.

If you have any comments that you haven't yet sent or that I've missed
and aren't addressed below, please (re)send them ASAP.

Thanks!
-Hugh
----------------------------------------------------------------
- [pavlin] Added text: OS API should return an error for a (*,G)
  request on an SSM address.

- [pavlin] Added a note about limitations of SSM.  (1) Any
  multi-source aspect apps must be implemented in the application
  layer.  (2) SSM does not support network-layer resource discovery.

- [pekka/brian] Added clarification about the SSM address range
        FF3x::/32 is reserved for SSM
           P=1 and T=1 and plen=0 is required.
        Thus, FF3x::/96 is the actual range today because 
           network prefix field must be zero
        But we leave open the possibility of putting something else in the
           network prefix field.

- [pavlin] Changed erroneous FF2x:: to FF3x::

- [pekka] New text on administrative scoping to describe admin-scoping
  in v6 and to clarify that there is none for IPv4.

- [pekka] New text on source routing: A router SHOULD NOT allow
  source-routing to an SSM addr; MAY have a config option to allow it

- [me/bweis/mbaugher] 
  Add security considerations text describing the IPSec/SSM issue.

- Minor things:

  - [pavlin] Use consistent capitalization on v6 addresses
  - [me] Use consistent capitalization of Source-Specific
  - [pavlin] id-nits
    - Removed references from abstract and shortened it
    - Modified address ranges
    - Added IPR notice and Copyright Statement.
  - [brad] Changed author mailing address

_______________________________________________
Ssm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ssm