Subject: [stir] Agenda: STIR Virtual Interim: June 16

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 15:55:29 -0500

STIR Virtual Interim
June 19, 2017
1400-1530 US EDT (all times below are EDT)
https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/j.php?MTID=m6f6300057f2ed3a84c61c03bc6fd74db
----------------

1400-1410 Administrivia
1410-1430 Out-of-band (Jon Peterson)
1430-1450 Passport Extension: RPH (Martin Dolly)
1450-1510 Passport Extension: cnam (Jon Peterson)
1510-1530 Passport Extension: divert (Jon Peterson)

If we finish sufficiently ahead of schedule, we can
start discussing connected identity.

---

From: "Peterson, Jon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 20:46:29 +0000

For our discussion on Friday, here are a few fresh documents:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peterson-passport-divert/

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-peterson-stir-cnam/

Of those two, probably the "divert" document is fairly baked at this
point, and I've gotten some feedback that people in the industry think we
need something in this space and that the approach is viable. The "cnam"
document (which really isn't so much focused on traditional CNAM as on
richer data) is a more complex mechanism, but I think it's a credible
general direction and I'd like to talk about the group adopting it.

I also suspect that no candidate drafts for our out-of-band milestone
other than:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rescorla-stir-fallback/

... are likely to appear, and we should adopt it as well. This revision
largely focused on questions of how to authorize the storage and retrieval
of PASSporTs from a CPS in support of out of band.

Talk to you all on Friday!

Jon Peterson
Neustar, Inc.

On 6/12/17, 4:55 PM, "stir on behalf of Robert Sparks"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>stir mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/stir

---

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 22:52:13 -0500

> June 19, 2017
Someone pointed out the typo above - that should be a 16 (Friday), as 
the subject and the announcement from the secretariat shows.

---

From: "DOLLY, MARTIN C" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2017 12:10:31 +0000

For the RPH Passport Extension:
A new version of I-D, draft-singh-stir-rph-00.txt has been successfully submitted by Martin Dolly and posted to the IETF repository.

Name:           draft-singh-stir-rph
Revision:       00
Title:          PASSporT Extension for Resource-Priority Authorization
Document date:  2017-06-06
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          9
URL:            https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_internet-2Ddrafts_draft-2Dsingh-2Dstir-2Drph-2D00.txt&d=DwICaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2g&m=CmcYTb6mMoBGn0_CpnETN-1CBCrt-yfA3vx40apHAn4&s=GxyCvZx0KsnD34S8RpO5LvR_HfvMeeViCqTwC4vFHoc&e=
Status:         https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_draft-2Dsingh-2Dstir-2Drph_&d=DwICaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2g&m=CmcYTb6mMoBGn0_CpnETN-1CBCrt-yfA3vx40apHAn4&s=jD8q7kdijCmyUcxYlDWGiJxBt9o-09mgVyhbDjAPy4E&e=
Htmlized:       https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__tools.ietf.org_html_draft-2Dsingh-2Dstir-2Drph-2D00&d=DwICaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2g&m=CmcYTb6mMoBGn0_CpnETN-1CBCrt-yfA3vx40apHAn4&s=8H_tVNvj2FtK4SXVWzMvHhsQpT2pomlFNQw_WdChR4M&e=
Htmlized:       https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_html_draft-2Dsingh-2Dstir-2Drph-2D00&d=DwICaQ&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=G9v8uCSSQhCmpw7ItG0r2g&m=CmcYTb6mMoBGn0_CpnETN-1CBCrt-yfA3vx40apHAn4&s=XAH-y49Eat9KRnQ09QhedTVuNchAEyYnZCsUr3h1cQc&e=

Abstract:
   This document extends the PASSporT object to convey
   cryptographically-signed assertions of authorization for
   communications 'Resource-Priority'.  It extends PASSporT to allow
   cryptographic-signing of the SIP 'Resource-Priority" header field
   which is used for communications resource prioritization.  It also
   describes how the PASSPorT extension is used in SIP signaling to
   convey assertions of authorization of the information in the SIP
   'Resource-Priority' header field.