Subject: [Storagesync] New version of "Internet Storage Sync: Problem Statement"

From: Yong Cui <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 21:01:40 +0800

Dear all,

We've updated the draft, Internet Storage Sync: Problem Statement.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-cui-iss-problem/

Abstract:
   Internet storage services have become more and more popular.  They
   attract a huge number of users and produce a significant share of
   Internet traffic.  Most existing Internet storage services make use
   of proprietary sync protocols with different capabilities to achieve
   the data sync.  However, a single Internet storage service using its
   proprietary sync protocols has intrinsic limitations on service
   usability and network performance.  This document outlines the
   related problems caused by using proprietary sync protocols and
   missing key capabilities.  It also shows a demand for designing a
   standard sync protocol to achieve better usability and sync
   performance.

Compared to the earlier versions, this version emphasizes the very 
different protocol capabilities that different commercial services 
support, and also the understanding of sync protocol.

You are welcome to comment!

Thanks,

Yong