Subject: [storm] iSCSI drafts - Last Call update and extension

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:59:44 -0400

Reminder: the two iSCSI drafts are in WG Last Call:

			iSCSI Protocol (Consolidated)
	  	    draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons-03.txt

       Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) SAM
                 draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam-03.txt

Please send all technical comments to the storm mailing list ([email-masked]).
Editorial comments may be sent directly to the draft editors:
- iSCSI Protocol (Consolidated): Mallikarjun Chadalapaka <[email-masked]>
- iSCSI SAM (new features): Frederick Knight <[email-masked]>

A new version of the SAM draft is expected sometime soon to correct problems
in the title, abstract, and IANA registry text (the IANA changes were discussed
in Quebec City - they mostly affect the range of allocatable values, not the
actual values used in these two drafts).

I've been reaching out to a number of implementation groups at EMC, VMware
and Dell, along with the Linux implementers.  I have some feedback - one of
the EMC implementation groups looked at the SAM draft and the changes that the
consolidated iSCSI draft makes to the existing RFCs and indicated that they
saw no problems with the changes.

August seems to be a slow month for everyone.  Therefore the WG Last Call on
these two drafts is EXTENDED to midnight, US Eastern Time on Tuesday, September 6.

Thanks,
--David (storm WG co-chair)
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mallikarjun Chadalapaka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:42:10 -0700

As David says below, Last call implementer review feedback is very welcome.

I personally am reaching out to implementers in Microsoft, and so far
haven't uncovered any major issues (barring a clarification that I sent two
days ago to the mailing list).

I have now posted the iSCSI Last Call review slides that I used in internal
reviews.  This covers both iSCSI drafts in Last Call.  Given the size of the
consolidated draft, you may take advantage of the slides in speeding up your
reviews.  Please drop me a note if you'd like to see something
added/updated.

http://www.chadalapaka.com/Documents/iSCSI%20Drafts%20–%20Last%20Call%20Revi
ew.pdf 

Thanks.

Mallikarjun

  -----Original Message-----
  From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
  Of [email-masked]
  Sent: Friday, August 12, 2011 5:00 PM
  To: [email-masked]
  Subject: [storm] iSCSI drafts - Last Call update and extension
  Importance: High

  
  
  Please send all technical comments to the storm mailing list
  ([email-masked]).
  Editorial comments may be sent directly to the draft editors:
  - iSCSI Protocol (Consolidated): Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
  <[email-masked]>
  - iSCSI SAM (new features): Frederick Knight <[email-masked]>
  
  A new version of the SAM draft is expected sometime soon to correct
  problems in the title, abstract, and IANA registry text (the IANA changes
  were discussed in Quebec City - they mostly affect the range of
allocatable
  values, not the actual values used in these two drafts).
  
  I've been reaching out to a number of implementation groups at EMC,
  VMware and Dell, along with the Linux implementers.  I have some feedback
  - one of the EMC implementation groups looked at the SAM draft and the
  changes that the consolidated iSCSI draft makes to the existing RFCs and
  indicated that they saw no problems with the changes.
  
  August seems to be a slow month for everyone.  Therefore the WG Last Call
  on these two drafts is EXTENDED to midnight, US Eastern Time on Tuesday,
  September 6.
  
  Thanks,

  _______________________________________________
  storm mailing list
  [email-masked]
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/storm

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:12:57 -0400

I have reached out to both the VNX and Symmetrix iSCSI implementation teams inside
EMC.  Both teams have checked the changes in the consolidated draft and the features
in the SAM draft, and do not have any problems with what is being specified.

Thanks,
--David

> From: Mallikarjun Chadalapaka [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, August 18, 2011 4:42 PM
> To: Black, David; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [storm] iSCSI drafts - Last Call update and extension
> 
> http://www.chadalapaka.com/Documents/iSCSI%20Drafts%20-%20Last%20Call%20Review.pdf
> 
> 
> Thanks.
> 
> Mallikarjun
> 
>